I work with a website geared towards interior design and decor enthusiasts. Most of the community you will be writing for are homeowners trying to learn and explore their passion for design and decor, and they could really use your expertise.
What We Need
The content we’ll need from you will revolve around the following topics:
- The ins and outs (and woes) of the remodel process.
- Education around functional and aesthetic interior design principles.
- Education around materials and the variety thereof.
- How to work with professionals on an interior design project.
- How to go about doing a remodel and interior design themselves.
- Current interior design trends.
What We Are Offering
On average, we tend to release an article per week and we can work with your typical rates. The articles we’ll ask you to write will range from 800 to 2,000 words. We always encourage you to include a bio/byline and head-shot to go along with any article you write.
Who We Are Looking For
You should only apply if you are passionate about interior design, and know it in and out. You should be able to offer advice on the remodel process, design princples, DIY advice etc., or be able to find this information and communicate it.
You need to be able to act as a helpful guide to homeowners going through a difficult remodel or planning one.
Having a degree in interior design will help.
If you are a published author, that will help as well.
Who We Are NOT Looking For
We are NOT looking for marketers, listicle artists and low quality content producers. We need writers with a passion for the craft and ability to write for an audience of knowledge hungry homeowners.
Examples of Similar Blogs
Style by Emily Henderson: https://www.stylebyemilyhenderson.com
Apartment Therapy: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com
To apply, please submit the following:
- Your Name
- Your motivation for writing
- Your interior design background (degrees/ works published)
- THREE examples of content related to interior design
- FIVE article headline ideas
- Links to any blogs/websites you actively provide content for