- Are you a writer who has a wealth of experience with general home improvement projects (HVAC, flooring, roofing, plumbing, electrical, etc)?
- Do you currently work in the home improvement industry? Or do you have experience in any number of trades (e.g. HVAC, carpentry, flooring, plumbing, electrical, etc.)?
- Maybe you’re simply a Do-It-Yourself enthusiast who knows their stuff?
- Would you like to share your knowledge with others and receive fair compensation?
Our company needs awesome writers for long-term, consistent work
We’re a media company with a portfolio of home improvement websites and we’re looking to augment our current team of amazing writers.
About the project
The website contains a range of informative and commercial content. Our articles range from these hypothetical examples:
- What is Good SEER for Air Conditioner?
- Best Air Purifier and Ultimate Guides
- Central Air Conditioner Installation Cost Ultimate Guide
Experienced, authoritative writers create trustworthy content
This is not a position for freelance writer generalists who say, “I can write about anything.” Let’s face it, most of us can write about anything.
We need writers with a proven track record of experience either writing about home improvement or working in the trades.
Experience – Enthusiasm is far more important than experience, but please don’t apply unless you have the experience mentioned earlier: you’ve either written about home improvement extensively or you have worked in the trades.
- We prefer writers with a minimum of 3 years writing for online publications, but we will accept new writers with exceptional hands-on experience.
- We prefer writers who have written epic amazon reviews with buying guide (5000+ words) before. (sample: https://healthykitchen101.com/best-water-softeners/)
Native English writing chops – You should have polished writing skills and at least a passing familiarity with Grammarly and spellcheck in Word.
- Meanwhile, we like writers who know their stuff AND jump off the page with personality and engagement. No stodgy, academic writing here. We’re people writing for people.
- Native English-speakers only. This is non-negotiable. You must also be intimately familiar with writing for a US audience.
Digital competency – Nothing fancy, just the usual stuff.
- A PayPal or Payoneer or Upwork account
- Competitive Rates: 4-7 cents (USD) per word
- 8,000 – 12,000 words per week
- Flexible deadlines
- Stable work
- Bonuses (for in-depth article with extra research) and raises
How to Apply:
Please contact me at [email protected], and send me the following:
Your name, age, location and desired rate per word;
The URLs of at least 3 writing samples (amazon reviews are better);
Anything else you think I should know.
Please also enter the following words in the "Subject" line: "PickComfort Writing Opportunity". If your email doesn't have " PickComfort Writing Opportunity" in the "Subject" line, we won't see it.
What happens next?
If we want to move forward, we’ll be in touch via email. We’ll ask you to complete 1-2 paid trial assignments (typically a 3000-4000 words amazon reviews and a 1000-2000 words informational article). We usually ask you to do a outline first. The rate for trial assignment is $0.03 per word and we will send you a detailed guideline.
Once the trial is complete, we’ll make a decision. If we decide to work together, the articles will start flowing.
We generally go through the applications as they come in; however, a large number of applicants won't be considered. The bottom line is the sooner you apply, the better your chances of an invitation to interview.