Seeking writers to produce informational and review articles for the web, covering topics in the foot-care niche.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High level fluent or native English speakers, who are very good at written English. If English is not one of your strong points, please do not apply.
- Writer who is able to relate to and entertain readers while being highly informative and able to truly guide a reader through the milieu of information in a friendly, entertaining way.
- Provide expert answers to pain points through friendly, and informative writing
- Must be excited about self-care, home-spa, and foot-care/pedicures
- Someone who has experience doing their own footcare and home pedicures
- Experience using Google Docs
- You must be able to produce high quality, long-form content (between 1000-3000 words in general, but sometimes more. Articles must be accurate, information rich and answers the readers questions
- You must have excellent online research skills leading to the ability to write an article on any given topic, even those you have little to no experience in.. There will be some articles that require some references from PUBMED, or more science-based articles
- You must be willing and able to include links out to authoritative sources of information from within your written text, to back up important points made, and to give credit where it's due where information was found.
- You must be willing and able to include links out to authoritative sources of information from within your written text, to back up important points made, and to give credit where it’s due where information was found.
- Prefer Female
- Understand how to use Google for keyword/topic research - You will not be asked to keyword research for content creation, but rather to find more topics to include in your writing
- You understand how to write in Yoast and how to break content up with H2, and H3 headers.
NOTE: The content we need requires only internet research, you will NOT be asked to do any outreach, read books, magazines or interview anyone.
If hired you will be asked to write 3-5 articles as a short-term evaluation project. If you deliver quality work there is an opportunity for more long-term work.
WHAT WE'RE NOT LOOKING FOR:
- 'SEO posts', Click bait, thin content listicles, keyword stuffing, or other low-quality content
- Agency applications (We want to work one on one with actual writers only)
- Please be up to date on recent Google updates and don’t use tactics from 2015. “Tesla is a great car. I like Tesla because Teslas are great Tesla-made cars” (you get the idea)
HOW WORK WILL BE GIVEN
- You will be given a detailed outline that contains instructions for writing each article. Some research will have been done to establish the brief but you will still need to do demonstrate your expertise on the subject matter through research and/or experience.
- Articles will be written in the following formats:
- Informational Articles: Articles that serve to answer questions and search queries that people type into Google. How to ABC ... Why does my ABC do XYZ ... When Will I ABC ... How Can I XYZ ...
- Buying Guides and Product Review Articles. If you aren't familiar with this type of article, search keywords such as "best running shoes for women" and "best gaming chair for ps4" to get a feel for how buying guides and product review articles are written.
- We will pay you a rate per written word
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to make changes based on editorial feedback (we usually find very little change is needed though, due to the detail in our briefs and writing instructions.)
- We own exclusive rights to the content, it must not be used, shared or published in any other way. However, if published in your name, we cannot make any changes to the content either (without your permission.)
- We are open to accepting both ghost written work, or publishing under your own name if you have relevant authority and experience to add to a credible bio.
- Must have access to Google Docs
HOW TO APPLY:
We want to make sure applicants have read and understood this ad (you'd be surprised how many automated replies we get!) so if any these are not included in your application, it will be deleted right away and not considered.
- Please send email to [email protected] with the subject line: Footcare Writing Professional
- Tell us about yourself including your number one practice for optimizing your foot health
- Write 100 word article on a self-care activity you’ve done in the last month.
- Include links to 2-3 writing pieces, preferably relevant to the lifestyle niche
- Complete the form below
- Watch the full video that explains more of the job description. https://youtu.be/YhI2THhQpGk