Are you passionate about guns and great at editing, managing, and planning? If the answer is yes, then we have an awesome position for you.
We're looking for an EXPERIENCED editor who is known in the industry, can work with a team of 5-10 writers, and can help us with a content calendar whilst maintaining our editorial standards and policy. We also need you to manage the workflow from the assignment through to publication.
We are a firearms blog, founded in 2016, with the mission to bring firearms information from REAL SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS and not from marketers or generic writers. Read our story here: https://huntingmark.com/our-story/
We cover all aspects of the firearms world, from hunting (of course) to competition shooting, to defensive gun use and training.
- Edit articles for voice, grammar, and readability, and fact-check and rewrite when required.
- Edit articles in Clearscope to optimize for SEO. (You will be trained on this if you don't have any previous with either Clearscope or Surfer.)
- Ensure writers hit deadlines.
- Hire new writers when necessary.
- Manage a content calendar by developing article ideas, assigning briefs, editing content, and assisting with formatting and publishing.
- Outreach industry people, sites, or stores.
- 2+ years of editorial experience, preferably with a digital publishing background.
- Experience working with WordPress.
- Be extremely organized and quick to respond.
- Ability to work with Slack and Google Drive as part of a remote team.
- Love to learn new skills.
- Hold people to deadlines.
- Know how to hire and fire writers.
- Strong knowledge of SEO.
- Minor photo-editing skills.
- Passionate about firearms, with some background knowledge.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and copywriting skills.
- Basic understanding of SEO and content writing tools, i.e Clearscope.
- Available for a minimum of 15 hours per week — We’re being straight up about this. There will be a steep learning curve, so 15 hours per week is the minimum required for you to invest in your own growth.
Optional but preferred
Have some experience in one or more of the following areas — SEO, email marketing, social media marketing, PR/guest posting.
Benefits of working with us
- Highly flexible working arrangement.
- Work with the owner and have an impact.
- We are keen to learn from your experience and will be looking for you to own and take full credit for the editorial process. We love giving people credit who deserve it.
- Competitive salary.
While this is a freelance position, we are looking for someone who wants a stable, long-term position.
How to apply
Fill out the following Google Form and start your intro by writing “2nd Amendment” at the top in the reply of "Tell us about yourself" in Section 2, so that we can know you have read the full job description.