Do you have a passion for online eCommerce marketing that goes above and beyond? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge online tools and providing in-depth insight into different marketing techniques?
This isn’t just another bland online marketing website talking about the same old topics which have been done to death. This site will be in the trenches testing cutting edge software, reviewing popular strategies and theories and helping people become the masters of online marketing.
The site is overseen by a highly skilled and experienced team of online marketers who truly understand the ins and outs of online marketing. Make no mistake, this is no pet project - we are a fully-fledged, well-established business with a loyal fan base. This means we’re looking for someone to join us for the long run who our readers will feel right at home with. We expect to be pumping out high-quality fresh content for many years into the future and this role will allow you to be part of a long-term, stable project - as a talented writer, we expect you to grow and flourish with us too!
For this, we need an exceptional writer who truly understands the ins and outs of the online marketing world. If you’re a generalist who simply dabbles in online marketing alongside other subjects, I’m afraid this is not the project for you - honestly, don't waste your time, we'll know straight away.
Still here? Read on to find out exactly what we’re looking for from you!
So what exactly do we expect from you?
As a writer, it will be your job to research and investigate software, provide in-depth analysis and come up with conclusive decision-making commentary. On occasion, we will also expect you to produce high-quality visual content such as screencasts, videos and screenshots to further illustrate your work, all of which will be discussed in detail with the wider team.
We expect you to have an active input on the website and share your ideas with the team on how we can improve certain processes. This is your chance to leave your unique stamp on the site.
- Full-fledged and ever-growing content will be produced from the ground up
- Editorial quality standards are consistently exceeded
- Accompanying videos are recorded and published where appropriate
- Writing systems and processes are continually improved
- Minimal spelling and grammar (AP style based) corrections are required
- Software is fully tested and conclusive opinions are made based on personal experience
- A strong understanding of how to create exceptional content
- Experience using and/or testing day-to-day marketing software
- An understanding of marketing concepts and familiarity with testing marketing tools
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional English language ability with impeccable written English
- Willingness to go beyond a simple writer role and share thoughts and opinions on the website as a whole
- Strong research skills
- A thorough understanding of the world of online marketing
- A sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work across virtual teams
- The ability to continually improve quality and systems
- Work with an extremely high performing team
- Access to our training, resources and network
- Competitive salary
- A chance to analyse and work with a wide range of cutting edge software for free, provided by us
- Be part of a highly regarded marketing team
This is a long-term role and you will be paid promptly per approved word.
Please send over writing samples and cost per word.