We're on a mission to create the most helpful and trusted resources for people with thyroid conditions.
The Thyroid Pharmacist team is a tight-knit team of caring thyroid advocates, who are passionate about helping people with Hashimoto's take charge of their own health.
Dr. Izabella Wentz, author of New York Times Bestselling Books, Hashimoto's: The Root Cause and Hashimoto's Protocol, as well as the cookbook, Hashimoto's Food Pharmacology, is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented, professional and energetic team member, to join our content team.
This is a paid opportunity for work on a contractual/hourly basis, 25-35 hours per week.
If you can identify with the challenges of thyroid issues, taking charge of your own health, and pride yourself on being effective and productive (rather than busy), and have the skills we're looking for, we'd love for you to join us!
What's This Position All About?
The Health & Wellness Editor will help our team create helpful, high-quality, well-researched, action-oriented, specific and in-depth content, that will reach hundreds of thousands of people in the Thyroid Pharmacist community. Our online articles are research-driven and typically run between 1500 and 5000 words.
Working with our team, you’ll edit new content, produce original content, repurpose previously published content, and set our already-high bar for content quality continuously higher. You will ensure that every piece of content we produce is on-voice, follows our format, and most importantly, is written in a way to allow the reader to feel empowered.
About Us - The Work Environment
- We are passionate about helping those with Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism
- We put our health first, but also work hard to help others
- We have a high-functioning team and work together to achieve amazing results
- We are in pursuit of self-motivated team members
- We're looking for people who don't cut corners
- Ideal candidates are positive, loyal, passionate, professional, and upbeat
- Dr. Wentz is looking to create a culture that's supportive, empowering, and uplifting
What will you directly do?
- Develop and publish original content as assigned for ThyroidPharmacist.com, our email newsletter, and other properties
- Develop and publish content for products, launches, and other revenue-generating activities
- Edit content pieces such as eBooks, newsletter, PowerPoint slides, web copy, articles and white papers, created by other team members
- Develop outlines and intake forms for content pieces
- Collaborate with the management team to distribute content assignments among content creators; monitor their workloads and throughput
- Maintain the editorial calendar and associated tasks, and ensure deadlines are met
- Select, or coordinate with designer to develop, images that accompany and support content
- Draft social media headlines and copy to accompany content at publication
- Discuss assignments with content creators and resolve any roadblocks
- Load content into our content management software and email marketing platform
- Edit and proofread content prior to publication
- Coach content creators to create better content over time
- Identify and recommend potential changes to our content types, standards, styles, and processes
- Ensure that our content complies with copyright law and other relevant legal guidelines
What will you ensure gets done?
- Creation and publication of consistently high-quality, high-performing content that adheres to our style, voice, and other brand standards
- Timely completion of all steps required to produce and publish content, such that the content calendar runs smoothly and content is ready for publication well in advance of intended publication dates
- Resolution of any feedback from the content team about specific content pieces or our content in general
- Minimization of the CEO’s direct involvement in the content review/editing process
- Identification and inclusion of appropriate links/resources in content, as defined by our content guidelines and procedures
What traits do you possess?
- Passion for health and for helping others
- Excellent researching and editing skills
- Ability to translate complex information into layman's terms
- Fanatical attention to syntax, grammar, style, and other details
- Understanding of voice, tone, and how to use them to best get a message across
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent teaching and coaching ability
- Strong sense of accountability; problem-solver
- Empathy; ability to view issues from the perspective of others
- Resiliency; clear-mindedness under pressure
- Adaptability, flexibility, and humility
- Thirst for self-improvement and continuous learning/development
What have you done before?
- Experience publishing digital content online and via email using platforms such as Rainmaker, WordPress, ConvertKit, etc.
- Experience reviewing and editing research-driven medical content
- Fluent user of online collaboration and communication tools
- Knowledge of and background in Hashimoto’s and thyroid disease preferred
- Familiarity with SEO, content marketing, and social media preferred
How to Apply
If you read the description above and thought, "YES! That's me!" - Great! We'd love to talk to you. Please click here to apply.
(Please do not apply for this position if you do not have the desired skill set. We love that you want to help our mission, but if you're not qualified, we won't waste your time by contacting you about this role.)
Thanks! We can't wait to work with you.