What started as a small personal training business grew into a 12,000 square foot gym focused on functional training, like bodyweight, kettlebell, and bootcamp-style workouts.
Now, as part of a comprehensive overhaul, we’re looking for an exceptional writer to help us retool the content.
The role: Health & fitness writer
Hybrid Athlete exists to help every individual find a fitness routine that meets their goals, experience level, and lifestyle.
We aim to simplify exercise, not complicate it. With that, to succeed in this role, it’s best to ignore the majority of fitness-related content that exists.
Instead, you’ll help us create straightforward, explainer-style guides dedicated to the foundational elements of exercise, nutrition, and living a healthy lifestyle.
What we’re looking for
- Understanding/execution of a reader-first approach to writing and storytelling
- Experience writing engaging, error-free content related to fitness, nutrition, and wellness
- Deep interest and expertise in research, exercise science, and/or kinesiology
- Ability to translate complex topics into relatable and relevant content
What to expect
This is a contracted position. The full scope, rates, and deadlines will be discussed as part of the interview process. The work itself will be fairly autonomous, with expectations, check-ins, and sign-off requirements identified before the project kicks off.
How to apply
Email [email protected] with a short introduction and blurb on why you’re a fit for this role. Please include the following information:
- Your website or portfolio
- Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Links to previously published writing on fitness, nutrition, wellness, etc