Who are ReferralCandy?
ReferralCandy gives any ecommerce store a referral program by making it easy for shoppers to refer their friends. We recently launched Candybar, a digital punch card program for brick-and-mortar stores to reward customer loyalty and turn customers into repeats and regulars.
The ReferralCandy blog gets 100,000+ visitors a month, and content has been featured in the New York Times, Adweek and Forbes. We work with a lot of other SaaS companies, and are very active guest bloggers -- this is where you come in.
Who we’re looking for:
- Freelance writers and guest blog contributor
- Each piece of work will be different and you’ll need to adapt your content to different requirements, situations and audiences. Most pieces will be between 1,000 - 2,000 words but may go longer.
- Sometimes the brief will relatively short, 2-3 sentences; sometimes the brief will be fleshed out with article outlines and specific requirements. You will need to be creative and independent
- This is not simply about writing. You will need to do research about a given topic and use real examples. The completed post should be a full blog post with headers, links, images and quotes from relevant sources.
- Initially, you’ll be writing content for 3rd party publications on behalf of ReferralCandy/CandyBar.
- SEO, outreach and link building skillsets are a bonus. Show us what you got.
What you’ll write about
- Our audiences are primarily small business owners, either in eCommerce or brick-and-mortar stores. You don’t need to have run or worked in eCommerce or offline stores before, but you do need to understand marketing.
- Topics of interest for business owners, marketers, managers and decision makers.
- What you find genuinely interesting and insightful on each subject. We don’t need a book report -- we want the thinking and perspectives behind decisions, errors and lucky breaks. Ultimately, we need a story.
- We expect you to write in an accessible and easy to skim style -- think Business Insider and Inc.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re a word-of-mouth company, so the best candidates:
- Have examples of content that’s been shared widely on social media
- Are able to inject personality into their content
- Have experience with marketing or ecommerce
Want to work with us?
Please send the below to [email protected] with the subject “GP - 2019 - Writing for your blog”
- Pitch us 2-4 guestposts. That is to say, read our Guestpost Guidelines and suggest 2-4 articles you will ready to write and comfortable with. You don’t have to read the entire document, but we’re not just looking for headlines.
(To be explicit, we won’t need you to do guestpost pitching, but it’s a good example of what kind of articles we’ll have you write)
- Your name
- Your rates
- Your topic of expertise
- Link to your blog (if you have one)
- Links to previous work that you are proud of. Multiples examples of work published at different publications will be highly valued
- A link to your social media profiles (Twitter, Quora, any online communities)