Hello! We are a boutique editorial agency that works with beauty brands to develop content for their websites and blogs. If you’re a beauty buff, you’ll love working with us!
Currently, we need weekly blog posts for one of our international clients (cosmetics and skin care). This client has an EXTREMELY unique voice and style (think: Pat McGrath or Urban Decay) with an ultra-specific set of guidelines, including word choice, so the writer must be able to seamlessly write using their inimitable tone of voice. We will provide outlines that detail blog post requirements, as well as a Language Library, etc.
TURNAROUND: Most of the time, you’ll have at least a week or more to complete assignments, but sometimes you’ll have a few days. We send assignments in batches. This kind of schedule must be adhered to—if you need more time to complete assignments this might not be the freelance job for you.
You must be able to send revisions back quickly, within a day or two. (Revisions tend to decrease as the writer gets accustomed to tone of voice; in the beginning, however, there will likely be more).
GHOSTWRITING: This is a ghostwriting position, so you'll be asked to sign a confidentiality contract if hired.
WORKLOAD: While we cannot guarantee a certain number of assignments per month, our goal is to find a single person for all assignments from this particular client. As long as our contract is in place with them, the assignments will be sent to this writer.
SAMPLE TEST: Candidates will be assigned a test—PAID, per a negotiated rate.
TO APPLY: Please only copy and paste or include links (NO ATTACHMENTS—emails with attachments will be discarded without being read). Email: [email protected]
Include responses to every item:
- A writing sample that demonstrates your ability to adapt to a unique brand voice (for example, something you wrote for a brand like Urban Decay would be the perfect sample since their voice is super-specific). Please stay away from sending samples with a generic voice or writing style—those will not work for us.
- A writing sample that demonstrates your makeup expertise (the more specific the better, such as foundation techniques, etc.)
- A writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write in alluring detail about a specific makeup product, including texture, color payoff, hues, etc.
- Your rate for a 1,000 word blog post
- How many days you’ll need to turn around a 1,000 word blog post
- A bullet list of relevant previous experience (such as writing for a certain brand, agency, etc.)
We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!