Fun Project-Based Writing for Well-Known Supplement Company
Hi, my name is Allie Chandler and I’m the Director of Content at Microbiome Labs — Markers of MegaSporeBiotic™. You probably know us for our spore-based probiotics (but our product suite is much more diverse).
Our company is expanding rapidly, and with expansion comes more…
(If you said that in your head before you read it, then I like you already).
Not only are we releasing a number of brand new products in the next six months, but we’re also launching a retail brand and an educational blog, in addition to the marketing and events writing we already do.
This is why we need YOU!
We're looking for an experienced, top-notch health writer who is looking for project-based work in health and wellness. You should be comfortable writing accurate, evidence-based articles, social media captions, emails, ads, brochures, white papers, and other forms of wellness-brand-related content.
We're a fast-paced, fast-growth herbal supplement company that is on a mission to make vibrant health accessible to all.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Have at least three years of professional writing experience in health and wellness (beyond your own blog) with bylines on established websites or magazine clips
- Have either a college degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field OR a college degree in a health-related discipline (such as biochemistry, physiology, or nutrition) from an accredited college or university
- Be able to simplify complex science and health topics while avoiding unnecessary jargon
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy when interpreting health research and writing about it
- Be a team player, open to receiving and giving feedback
- Have a natural interest and passion for wellness and helping people restore their health
- Be a self-motivated, proactive, self-starter who is always looking to do more
It’s a plus if you also have personal experience with gut health, probiotics, functional medicine, or complex chronic illness.
WHEN YOU JOIN THE TEAM YOU:
- Get to work from home
- Will be part of a growing team on a powerful mission
- Join a movement full of growth and excitement
- Get to write on a project basis
THIS ROLE IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You aren't committed to quality research and writing
- Your eyes glaze over when you read research studies
- You aren't interested in natural health topics
- You aren't open to feedback, making edits, and adjusting to our writing style
- You are just trying to make a quick buck
- You are negative or hard to communicate with
WHAT’S THE WORK LIKE?
Yea, all of that SOUNDS great, but what would I actually be doing, Allie?
I’m so glad you asked. We have enough projects right now that I can assure you that you’ll never get bored.
Here are some examples of the type of work you may be asked to do*:
- Write a 4-part email launch for a new probiotic chew, including a teaser, a glimmer of hope, and full launch.
- Write engaging social captions inviting practitioners to a microbiome educational event.
- Write ad copy for Facebook ads to accompany static images, video, and carousel.
- Conduct keyword research for already-existing blogs and plug SEO parameters into Yoast before uploading.
- Write short Instagram captions for Microbiome Labs products, focusing on a key ingredient or benefit.
- Write website copy for new educational blog site, including a Microbiome Manifesto or a pillar post on conditions associated with poor gut health.
- Create educational materials about the gut, vaginal, oral, and skin microbiomes.
- Write copy for lead magnets designed to increase acquisition. For example: How to Read Your Probiotic Label or Why the Bristol Stool Chart Matter… but with clever titles. We'll leave that part to you (;
- Potentially complete some administrative tasks, other writing projects, or copyediting projects.
*Note: These are just examples that show the type of writing; actual assignments will vary.
- We believe a healthy microbiome is a healthy you.
- We believe each of you has a unique health journey.
- We believe in restoring and supporting the body’s natural health processes.
- We believe the foundation to health starts in the gut.
- We believe that with the right tools, you can take control of your health and live the life you want.
- We believe that if you understand FDA compliance, we should put your application at the top of the stack. (;
If you share these beliefs and meet the job requirements, we'd love to see your application. https://forms.gle/uJBgqBqKXLhq3A1v8