Are you passionate about growing your own vegetables, farming, grilling & smoking, self-sufficiency, tools, or just love being outdoors? Do you run your own homestead, raise animals, drive tractors, fix gear? Join the content team at Outdoor Happens!
We have closed this application round but invite you to take a look at our "Write for Us" page to submit your articles. All approved articles are paid at $30 a piece. https://www.outdoorhappens.com/write-for-us.
Outdoor Happens focuses on self-sufficient backyard homesteads. Our goal is to help people create the best backyard possible, with the best gear possible. We focus on four areas: gardening & farm, homesteading/survival, backyard living, and tools & equipment.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Optimism and enthusiasm - we're a passionate bunch and if you're not, you won't fit.
- Team player. Help others and they'll help you.
- Dedication. We're a small team, kinda like a family, and although you don't need to dedicate your life to us, we do ask that you're dedicated to writing great content.
- A little crazy. If you're a bit weird, that's OK. We've seen enough boring blog posts to last us a lifetime.
- Native English only. You can do this job from anywhere in the world, but your English needs to be native.
- Reliable. You need to be able to commit to at least 2000-3000 words a week, long term. Don't leave us hanging without notice, it's not nice.
- Writing skills. We don't care if you're a professional writer or have just started. What matters is that you can engage us with your story and tell it like it is. We're anti-fluff so you need to be able to make your point succinctly and entertain us at the same time. Anyone can apply!
- Rate per word. Make sure you include your rate in your application. To give you some idea, our articles generally start at $0.02 for the first 4 articles, whilst you find your footing and take any feedback on board. After that, we pay $0.03 per word. If your rate is more, convince us why you're worth it.
- Research. You'll need decent research skills and be able to compare the good and bad points of each product to identify the one that stands out. You'll also need to be able to write a guide stating what the reader should look for in these products.
- Value. We are looking for writers who can provide exceptional value for readers. The bulk of your articles will be round-up reviews and product reviews. Examples of such articles would be "the 7 Best Tractors for Your Small Farm" and "9 Brightest Torches That'll Help You See the Light". These reviews will be around 2000 words each.
How to Apply
Please apply via email, to elle at outdoorhappens.com.
Tell us a bit about yourself, something that's different about you. Treat your introduction as a mini blog post so we can see your zing!
Please include a sample post or review if possible.
Wishing you a lovely day,