Hi, I'm Mark. One of the founders of Judgement Media.
We run a number of established websites about all sorts of topics including health & nutrition, online marketing, sports and technology. Our mission is to build, grow and run authority sites that matter.
We're starting a new consumer based IT and Technology site and we have an opportunity for a full time writer to be part of the core team. Not only will you get to with with cool products and tools, but you'll also have a great deal of influence in our overall editorial strategy.
We're looking for a full time (40 hours per week) content producer who is super passionate about IT, technology, gadgets and the internet to help us create epic content for one of our newest projects.
Your main focus will be in playing with lots of software and services. You'll experiment, design tests, evaluate and ultimately share your evaluation in detailed reviews using both text and video content.
Make no mistake, this is not your ordinary "write a 500 word post" role. We really push the boundaries with our content. Check out some of our content on our other sites to see the minimum standard which we expect:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing reviews of IT / tech software and services
- Video and screencast creation
- Keeping up to date with market trends and new products
- Devising review structures and tests
- Conducting experiments to compare tools and services
The Person (That's You...)
Just to be clear, this is not your typical writer job. We're not looking for someone who just churns out average content. We only produce epic content on our sites. As such, we need someone who can push hard on content quality.
You'll need to be super passionate about all things Tech and IT related, plus be great at writing in a clear and actionable manner.
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves all things tech
- Embraces their 'inner geek'
- Wouldn't even consider buying a new phone until they've compared all the reviews
- Understands and appreciates super detailed content
- Knows the difference between MBps and Mbps
- Always double checks to ensure their work is done properly
- Is extremely organized and structured in throughout their work day
What does a day in this role look like?
0900-1100: Run a test comparing the customer service response times of several software companies. Document your methodology, take screenshots/screencasts of reports and compile data into a comparison graph.
1100-1130: Responding to comments and questions on a tutorial video which you published yesterday
1130-1200: Call with company founder to discuss customer service test results and interpretations
1200-1300: Updating an old review to reflect a software update which fixed a previously broken feature. You test it out and find it works really well, so update the review and recommendations accordingly.
1400-1530: Writing the blog post content for the customer service comparison test you did in the morning.
1530-16:30: Creating a video outline structure to showcase the test results. You plan to record the videos tomorrow.
16:30-17:00: Updating the team on progress, answering your emails and updating your work progress on Asana.
17:00-18:00: Researching new software products in a new industry for a future article. Sharing findings with the team and asking for feedback.
- Significant bi-annual performance bonuses
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home
- Access to all our coaching programs and training library
- Access to the best software and hardware to do your work efficiently
- Structured 1:1s with regular feedback given
- Learning budget for books other materials
- Company retreats / trips
- Be surrounded by awesome people