We are looking for a driven, ambitious candidate to spearhead our content marketing and production by writing captivating articles, helpful guides, and other assets. This candidate will manage all aspects of the content publishing process and be responsible for growing the site’s readership and engagement with both new and existing audiences.
Most importantly, our mission is to help people succeed. We want every article, image, video and piece of content to change someone for the better. If it isn’t helpful, we don’t publish it.
- Work directly with Vanessa Van Edwards to craft, contribute to, and implement our content strategy and production process. You should know how to set this up and execute quality content production on an ongoing basis.
- You’ll brainstorm ideas to fill content gaps and compete for search traffic on relevant keywords in the social skills and behavioral psychology spaces. You will both write fresh, new pieces as well as edit and update existing content. You will identify and fill gaps by researching subjects in our niche, related trending news stories, and science stories in which we should be participating.
- You will write high quality articles, in our brand voice, that are exceptionally helpful and solve our reader’s problems (and not by recycling the same tips every other site lists), are relatable, and that people want to read.
- Manage the creation of accompanying required assets: shareable images, infographics, quotables, GIFs, and style ideas to our design team.
- Consistently generate innovative, “best of the internet” content ideas, worth pitching to journalists/bloggers. Likely to include original data and research. You’ll generate content pipelines for new visitors, our existing audience, and content paths to “guide” people from the former to the latter.
- Ability to write SEO effective titles and subheadings for people, press and search engines. Know how to properly structure posts for reader and robot readability and comprehension.
- Identify and develop relationships with writers, reporters and bloggers to expand the reach of our content.
- Write compelling, professional and engaging web copy….a lot of it. You should love the social skills and behavioral psychology vertical - reading academic and popular studies, combining disparate sources to identify trends, and relating the research to real life situations and people - and making the learning process fun!
- Publishing your content to WordPress with relevant internal and external links, appropriate images or illustrations, GIFs, and needed markup data.
- Promote your amazing content by running email outreach campaigns and have the ability to make those correspondences feel personal. Promoting content to relevant journalists, blogs and social media influencers
- Work closely with your marketing operations partner to bake “the next step” into each piece of content - PDF downloads, audio guides, infographics, or another article. How can you keep deepening that visit with the visitor? How can we capture more leads? Work with our team to create or add highly converting optins, lead magnets and/or videos to capture leads.
- Exceptional copywriting or blogging experience
- Tech savvy/interest in the internet and understanding of “what the internet likes.”
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- SEO knowledge - you know your title tags from your alt tags.
- Experience using Google’s tools - Docs, Analytics, Sheets, etc. WordPress experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design AND/OR the ability to communicate with a designer about image needs for content
- Working knowledge of SEO tools and how they should be used to inform content strategy, content writing and optimization.
About Science of People
Science of People shares tangible skills to improve interpersonal communication and leadership, including insights on how people work. We developed a science-based framework for understanding different personalities to improve our PQ and help us communicate with colleagues, clients and customers.
Vanessa Van Edwards, founder and bestselling author, works with entrepreneurs, growing businesses, and trillion dollar companies; and has been featured on CNN, BBC, CBS, Fast Company, Inc., Entrepreneur Magazine, USA Today, the Today Show and many more.
Millions visit Science of People every month for help turning “soft skills” into actionable, masterable frameworks that can be applied in daily life. Hundreds of thousands of students have taken our communication courses on Udemy, CreativeLive, LinkedIn and our flagship course People School.
Please include the following for a complete application:
- Your resume with a short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- 1-2 relevant blog writing samples (ideally over 500 words)
- Expected salary range
This position starts with a 90-day trial period to make sure we all feel like it's a great fit. After a successful trial period, a full time offer will be made with health benefits.