Men’s Gear (mensgear.net) is a digital magazine that provides its reader base with cool, interesting, unique and useful male-centric content. The content focuses on high-end gear and lifestyle products that are aimed at young men with disposable income. The reader base is primarily US based.
This is a full-time position and the pay rate is £450 a week, and payments will be made weekly.
Overview of the role
We are now looking for an experienced Web Content Manager with deep SEO knowledge either in the US or UK to take control of the site and run it effectively. You will be responsible for ensuring that the content of the website is well-structured and easy to find, and that it meets the needs of its users by covering all necessary topics and being up to date and accurate.
The content you'll manage will include short daily posts but more importantly longform [amazon affiliated] buying guides for coolest products for men.
Your role will include creating briefs for the writing team’s buying guides and news pieces so keyword research, an eye for product selection and the ability to conduct market research projects to ensure that the website's content is suitable for the audience is important.
The ideal candidate should have great SEO experience and be able to conduct a comprehensive keyword research and topic research to come up with necessary topics that would be fairly easy to rank.
Any technical SEO knowledge will be a great bonus.
The site already has a strong team of writers producing a variety of longform and shortform content weekly. A content writing agency is in place for the bulk of the longform content that is being produced, and a few individual writers are also onboard, and this process is already being managed by the agency owner who you will be expected to collaborate with frequently.
The content undergoes multiple edits according to site guidelines for style, tone, layout etc, however as web content manager you will have the final authority and need to be able to proofread content to ensure it lines up with our guidelines.
The same is true for image quality which is provided by our image editor, and also for the uploader who puts the content from the writers and image editor together on WP. You will review all aspects of the final piece, and publish new frequently.
As our web content manager, you'll need to:
- manage the CMS - WordPress and Monday.com - working with team members and editors to ensure it is meeting the site’s needs
- create and implement content schedules for people to produce or update content
- write, but mainly edit, web copy to a high standard for our readers
- understand how content is optimised for SEO, and be familiar with optimising Yoast.
- produce content schedules and audits, which writers and editors use to keep copy up to date and to create new content at appropriate times.
- conduct content audits to identify gaps and redundancies in the site content such as backlinks, the reader experience, code errors, advertising features.
- source, commission and sometimes edit images - collaborate with the image editor
- source and hire writers and other staff as necessary.
- improve policies relating to the web content, such as a house style
- analyse analytics data to learn how users interact with your site
- train staff in writing and producing content for the web
- stay knowledgeable about the site's subject area
This is a remote position, so frequent communication by Skype/email is imperative. We’d prefer someone to take on this role full-time, 40+ hours per week, to ensure we’re at the top of our game in all areas. Pay is subject to experience.
You will need to be:
- highly organised, with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Reliable and available throughout the working day remotely.
- strategic, and able to oversee large projects and coordinate the work of others
- an excellent editorial skills, with impeccable spelling and grammar and the ability to adapt content where needed to house styles
- able to research, collate and summarise information from different sources
- logical and analytical, with the ability to work proactively for the benefit of the team and the site as a whole
- willing to stay up to date with developments in your subject area and in developments in the digital world.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to take us to the next level, get in touch!
How to Apply
Please send an email to: [email protected] and write following within the subject line of the email “JOB AD: Men’s Gear”
We will only accept applications which contain the following information about yourself:
— Your previous experience and the positions you have worked in
— Some links to your published work [please provide links to similar content such as buying guides]
— Do you have experience with WordPress platform?
-- Please provide info about your experience and your knowledge on SEO and keyword research, topic research skills.
_ Please also mention if you have worked in similar sites
-- Are you able to commit 40+ hours for this role?