We are looking for an experienced, full-time content editor to help produce reviews of infosec and cybersecurity products (VPNs, antiviruses, password managers, etc.).
To be successful in this role, you should have proven experience writing and editing for a web-based audience, as well as knowledge in performance marketing, digital content production, and SEO copywriting.
You'll work one-on-one with freelance writers to craft 'best of' lists, product reviews, comparisons, and blog posts. You will need to adhere to a Style Guide and be responsible for giving feedback in accordance with the Style Guide. You will need to take in feedback received from the Chief Editor and immediately implement it in all the work that you produce. An interest and expertise in the cybersecurity field is appreciated but not required.
Note: This is not a "quantity over quality" kind of job. We are strict with our content, and our quality guidelines are rigorous. These are technical topics, and you'll be required to do the research necessary to produce expert-level content. Low-quality work is never accepted, but neither is late work. You will need to both a) meet deadlines and b) produce A+ content. If you're looking to “bang out” a few articles without regard for the strict professional quality we require, you will not like working with us!
- Edit, proofread, and produce articles for publication on the website.
- Give feedback to writers and other editors.
- Take instructions from a brief and accurately produce high-quality content.
- Become a proven expert on our topics and make sure that each piece is able to parlay that knowledge to our audience.
- Be able to take in and effectively implement feedback on all future work.
- Be able to consistently meet deadlines.
- Suggest edits and revisions for anything outdated or factually inaccurate.
- Apply a personal and brand voice to the overall site.
- Write with clear, precise, intentional, and accurate details; absolutely no fluff or incorrect information is allowed.
- Write, produce, and revise articles as instructed by the Chief Editor and Content Manager.
- Proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter, content editor, or similar role.
- Portfolio of published articles (preferably in the cybersecurity niche, but all pieces will be reviewed and considered).
- Native-level English writing skills.
- An ability to fact-check, proofread, edit, and rewrite long-form content pieces.
- Familiarity with SEO.
- (Preferred, not required) An understanding of and interest in cybersecurity topics -- VPNs, password managers, antivirus software, etc.
We are a well-established content production house with a lot of steady work for the right person. We always pay on time, we are focused on personal and professional growth, and we thrive on producing outstanding content. Again, note that we are not a content mill and we fully expect you to produce A+ pieces every time. If you aren't able to do this, this is not the right job for you.
In your application, please specifically answer the following questions:
- Do you have experience with and/or a sizable interest in infosec/cybersecurity products (VPNs, antiviruses, password managers, etc.)?
- Are you looking for part-time work or full-time work?
- Are you looking for short-term work or long-term work?
- Can you please briefly explain what makes a good content editor?
Please send an email to [email protected] with your information, your past experiences, and whatever else you think will make us take notice.
If selected, you'll be contacted to start our paid trial process. Note that this role is paid at a non-negotiable rate that will be discussed at the time of the trial. Thanks for reading, and good luck!