Freelance Writers Needed for Live Entertainment Lifestyle Blog
Are you a lifestyle writer who loves going out and experiencing the best of live entertainment -- whether it be a concert, play, food tour, or film festival? Do you have a knack for helping people discover new and exciting things to do? Can you write an intriguing headline AND a compelling story that fulfills its promise? If so, we’d love to see a portfolio of your best work.
Goldstar Events is launching The Scene -- a lifestyle blog for live entertainment lovers of all stripes. Our goal is to encourage and enable people to find, plan, and enjoy live events. We’re looking for freelance writers capable of contributing two to four 500-600 word articles per week as well as pitch their own story ideas.
We need writers to:
- Research and write fun and informative 500 - 600 word lifestyle articles (long-form stories, listicles, quizzes) within the following live-entertainment categories: live music, theater, food (i.e. food tours, festivals), seasonal events (i.e. holiday shows), and adventure (i.e. escape rooms, theme parks, museums)
- Pitch story ideas and craft headlines that grab the attention of live-entertainment enthusiasts
- Accept and learn from feedback and edits
- Source images for your stories from our approved libraries as well as independently search the web for free commercial-use images that adhere to our visual style
- Undaunted by tight deadlines
- Work experience writing lifestyle content for the web. Must submit a writing portfolio to be considered.
- Experience writing both social-first and SEO content
- Proficient with Google Docs
Good to Have
- BA in English, Journalism, or related field
- Prior experience writing for a live entertainment and/or attraction-discovery site
- Hands-on experience with WordPress or similar CMS
- Loves going out and having fun