Do you consider yourself an expert in cars? Do you spend more time tinkering with and maintaining cars than you do with your family? Do your friends constantly come to you as their first port of call for all car-related things? And do you love writing and blogging?
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on.
We’re seeking a remote content writer with experience creating content on car ownership, cleaning, detailing, and maintenance. You will use researching, writing, and editing skills to produce expert-level articles on assigned topics.
You’ll help our site achieve our growth goals by creating content that connects with the site’s target audience and bring eyes to this site. You’ll also learn how to create content that ranks and brings clicks and revenue.
- Create engaging content on a variety of topics
- Stay on trend with new insights for techniques to share and enhance best practices
- Implement editors’ feedback to your existing content
- Meet with your editors 1:1 and attend group team meetings
About J&C Digital and VehicleScene
We’re J&C Digital, a media company based out of London and Copenhagen that runs a number of US-focused content websites and are lucky to be supported by employees around the globe.
We recently acquired VehicleScene and are looking for a content writer who can help us expand this automotive website that focuses on the world of car ownership.
We’re making a big push to ensure that the site has a bright and promising future, and you’ll be a huge part of making that happen.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to write about the thing you love most — Cars! Whether you’re a hobbyist or consider yourself a pro on the topic, we want you to write for us. You’ll be covering a wide range of topics, including in future the wider automotive genre in general.
We need a true expert for this - no fakers here, please! If you don’t truly have a passion for cars, it’s not going to work, I’m afraid.
Still reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? Not only do you get to make money from your passion, but you’ll also be part of a wider team that is driven to grow the site further. We’ll give you a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you can produce the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
We’re aiming to publish at least 100k/words a month of new content, so you’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
- You’re a natural-born writer! You have probably spent a lot of time perfecting your craft, you have a strong grasp of grammar, and you enjoy the creative aspect of writing
- You understand the importance of organic search and search engine optimization (and if you don’t, you’re willing to learn)
- You’re organized and independent, but you love working in a collaborative and positive team environment
- You love creating compelling content, and you’re a continuous learner
- You want to grow in the role and give us the honor of growing your career with us
Within 1 Month You Will:
- Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into J&C Digital’s broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about creating compelling content, SEO, and marketing in general
- Master our grammar and language, and style guidelines
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor
Within 3 Months You Will:
- Become completely independent when it comes to writing
- Work on exciting projects where you can polish your skills
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your Editor
- Deliver near-perfect final drafts
- Starting wage of $0.06c / word (dependent on knowledge and experience)
- Expected wordcount delivery of 10k to 20k words / month (potentially increasing with time)
J&C Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.