We're an independent digital publication for men who want to look their best and feel more confident.
We're looking for 3-5 writers to help write new articles according to our content plan.
We need your help to increase the amount of watch-related content being published each week, as our growing audience is hungry for more articles about wrist watches!
Example topics include:
- Specific watch reviews (e.g., Seiko SKX007 review)
- Round ups (e.g., best dive watches under $500)
- Brand overviews (e.g., everything you need to know about Seiko)
- Buying guides (e.g., how to buy your first luxury watch)
- Informational (e.g., automatic vs. hand wound watches)
You can see our work here: https://www.themodestman.com/blog/
Most of the work will entail:
- Writing new blog posts (such as 'How To Wear', '10 Best', 'XYZ Review' etc.)
- Rewriting existing articles from scratch (some of them are not up to par or simply outdated)
You don't have to be a professional. It's okay if you're not a watch maker or don't wear Rolexes every day. But you should have experience with the topic, and you *have* to enjoy the subject matter.
In the future, the job may involve you having product samples in your hands, which you would test, review and take pictures of.
In many cases, you will be able to keep review samples for yourself.
Note: it's okay if you're not able to take pictures or aren't interested in product reviews. We have plenty of content needs that don't involve that.
Specifics about the Position:
- We're looking for a long-term hire (several months) and will provide you with 3,000 - 5,000 words of article writing per week
- Work remotely
- Get paid within 72 hours of submitting your work
- Email and Trello communication (no staff meetings!)
- Flexible: work anytime, as much or little as you want, as long as you communicate your availability
- You must love the topic
- You must have some experience working with, wearing or writing about men's watches
- You must be a native English writer
- You must live in the United States, UK, Australia or Canada
- When was the quartz watch invented? Please answer this question in your application.
- A computer with internet access, Microsoft Word or Google Docs, Skype, and PayPal
- Proper grammar and spelling is mandatory
- Can use your research to create valuable, informative content that flows well
- An understanding of how to speak to your audience properly
- Must be punctual; you must reply on Skype within 24 hours, and always hit deadlines
Why choose us?
- Lots of consistent, long-term work
- Work remotely
- Get paid fast
- Skype-based text communication only; no conference calls or staff meetings
- Flexible: we respect your schedule and your work capacity
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/CkiG1GnjDy9gXeW9A
After reviewing your application, we'll contact any qualified applicants with an offer for a paid trial article.
We'll ask you to familiarize yourself with our content templates and formatting guidelines before writing.
Thanks again for your interest!