We are looking for freelance writers with experience in legal/accounting topics (the target group is small business owners/founders) with the ability to explain complex topics in a way that is easy to understand. Only native writers from the US can be accepted.
What we expect from you:
- Experience in the field: Ideally you work/worked in the field of accounting or legal
- No fluff-writing. You need to be able to bring things on point with short sentences in short paragraphs. No storytelling, no need to hook a user to read the whole article.
- You have a strong ability to research and fact-check.
- You can take feedback and implement it into future writing: Especially in the very beginning, we will review the articles and go over them with you on a short call to make sure they meet our expectations.
- You don’t have a problem with having your name and a short bio published on the website.
- Clear communication and expectations: Be clear about what we can expect from you and always ask for feedback if necessary.
- You enjoy writing!
What you can expect:
- It’s important to know that this is an early-stage project and the process might change in the future. If you want a never-changing process from the very beginning, this job is not for you.
- Flexible workload: We expect a minimum of 3 articles per month, more is definitely possible. If you will be unavailable for a while, simply let us know and we will find a solution.
- Detailed briefings for every article you write about
Tools and training if necessary
- Fair compensation (0.08USD per word)
- Content will be written in Google Drive Documents. To avoid any versioning conflicts (files in different versions) all content should be written there and nowhere else, especially as it will be used for feedback loops.
- Planning is currently done mostly via Google Sheets. This might change in the future.
What's important for us:
If you are interested, please fill out the following questionnaire:
What you can expect after submission:
- Please understand that we are not able to answer every submission, especially as there are many spammy applications these days.
- If we are happy with your application, we will set up a short call with you. If things go well, we will hand over a briefing to start with. This briefing will be used as a paid test article, so we will both see if there is a fit and the process works for both parties.