Do you consider woodworking an addiction rather than a hobby? Do you spend more time on your workbench than you do with your family? Most importantly, do you enjoy writing?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on.
BuildEazy.com is a 20-year-old woodworking website featuring 170+ woodworking plans and informational articles. More than 100,000 woodworkers visit the website each month.
The site is a bit dated at the moment, but we’re investing to give it a fresh start — possibly with your help.
This is an opportunity for you to write about a topic you actually care about — woodworking! Whether you’re a hobbyist or a pro on the topic, we want you to write for us. You’ll cover a wide range of topics, including the wider DIY genre in general.
For this, we need a true expert — no fakers here, please! If you don’t truly have a passion for woodworking, I’m afraid it isn’t going to work.
Still reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? Not only do you get to make money from your passion, but you’ll also be part of a wider team driven to grow the site. We’ll give you a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to produce the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
You’ll also be part of an exciting, growing project for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of writing experience
- Woodworking writing samples
- Capable of writing “roundup reviews” (ex: Best portable table saw to bring on your job site).
- Competitive freelance rates: +/- 7cts/word
- Consistent workload: up to 10k words/week
- Flexible deadlines: take time off when you need it
- Stable work as part of a high-performing team