Do you consider yourself an expert in Kayaking? Do you spend more time on the water than you do with your family? Do your friends constantly come to you as their first port of call for all things kayaking related? And do you love writing and blogging?
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on.
We’re a media company that runs a number of blogs. We’re looking for an expert kayaking ghostwriter who can help us expand our site. The site is still quite new, and we’re investing a lot to make it grow.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to write about the thing you love most - kayaking! Whether you’re a hobbyist or consider yourself a pro on the topic, we want you to write for us. You’ll be covering a wide range of topics, including the wider outdoor activities genre in general.
For this, we need a true expert - no fakers here, please! If you don’t truly have a passion for kayaking, it’s not going to work, I’m afraid.
Still reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? Not only do you get to make money from your passion, but you’ll also be part of a team that is driven to grow the site further. We’ll give you a consistent and flexible workflow alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to produce the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
You’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
Please note that we have very high editorial standards compared to most other blogs. Every post that we publish goes through our strict editorial process where we check all claims and ideas for accuracy as well as the consistency of thoughts.
You'll be assigned topics by myself or an Editor and given a submission deadline. It's quite likely that in the first couple of weeks there will be a lot of feedback and editing required, but generally, once a writer gets into the swing of things, that part should be minimal.
What You’ll Do
- Deep topic research: article outline creation (headings/subheadings/subtopics)
- Awesome Quality Writing
- Searching for images
What’s Required Of You
- You must have at least 3+ years of writing experience.
- You must have kayaking writing samples.
- You must be a native English speaker or be fluent both in writing and speaking
- You must be a responsible person. If you have personal problems and can’t finish the job on time, you must warn us as soon as the said problem occurs.
- You must be an excellent communicator. We believe communication makes or breaks relationships. You should be able to talk to us whenever there is something you are not pleased with. Moreover, you need to be able to handle feedback − both positive and negative.
What You’ll Get Out Of This
- You get to write about a topic you love.
- Competitive freelance rates: we pay 6 cents per word
- Consistent workload every week: 4000 words or more
- Reasonable deadlines
- Stable work as part of a high performing team
How To Apply
Click here to fill an application form
Thanks and good luck!
P.S. Be ready to take a thorough test job and a paid work sample.