I'm Joe the founder of www.smokedbbqsource.com
Over the last 3 years we have been building a complete resource for anyone who wants to learn about traditional ‘low and slow’ barbecue and smoking meat at home.
We focus on breaking down complex topics into simple, easy to follow advice to help our readers become better ‘pitmasters’.
What we're looking for
We're looking to hire another writer who can contribute to our blog.
- Ideal candidate will be available to produce 3 articles per week, with room to grow beyond this if you continue to deliver consistent quality
- Each article will be between 1000 - 4000 words per post so you'll be able to sink your teeth into a topic.
- Subject matter experience is a plus but not required
- You should have excellent written communication skills and the ability to work remotely
What you'll write about
Topics will be focused on barbecue, grilling and outdoor entertaining with subjects ranging from "how to smoke in cold conditions", to "how to set up a gas grill for smoking".
- Types of content you will write include how-to guides, answers to common questions, product research and comparisons.
- If you have some experience with recipe creation this may also be an opportunity.
- You'll be assigned topics and provided a detailed brief to follow so that you can focus on writing the most interesting, informative article possible.
Experience is a plus but it's more important that you can research a topic and then explain it in plain English.
We do make sure that every post we publish goes through our strict editorial process to ensure everything is accurate and the tone feels right.
It's quite likely that in the first couple of weeks there will be a lot of feedback and editing required, but generally once you get into the swing of things, that part should be minimal.
By all means check out our latest blog posts to get a feel for the sort of quality we are looking for. Note we only require our writers to write the content, no web formatting or design is required.
How to apply
Please answer a few simple questions and link to at least 3 samples of similar content you have published in your application.
Thanks and good luck!