We are looking for a driven, detail-oriented writer to spearhead our content marketing and production by writing captivating articles, helpful guides, and other assets. You will be responsible for growing our site’s readership and engagement with both new and existing audiences.
You’ll also be part of a wider team that is driven to grow our website. We’ll give you a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to produce the very best content with minimal friction.
Most importantly, our mission is to help people as they navigate a terrifying and difficult time in their lives. Our small firm has won dozens of awards and received widespread media attention. We want every article, image, video, and piece of content you create to reassure our visitors that we will be able to help restore their mental and emotional wellbeing. If it isn’t helpful, we don’t publish it.
- Work directly with our founder and other driven team members to craft, contribute to, and implement our content strategy and production process. You will be expected to execute quality content production on an ongoing basis.
- You’ll brainstorm ideas to fill content gaps and compete for search traffic on relevant keywords in the injury and accident management spaces. You will write fresh, new pieces as well as edit and update existing content.
- You will write high-quality articles that are exceptionally helpful and answer our clients’ questions (and not by recycling the same tips every other site lists), are relatable, and that reassure potential clients that we are the solution to their problems.
- Help manage the creation and implementation of assets to accompany your writing: shareable images, infographics, quotables, GIFs, and style ideas to our design team.
- Consistently generate innovative, “best of the internet” content, worth pitching to journalists/bloggers. Likely to include original data and research.
- Ability to write copy that is SEO optimized, including effective titles and subheadings for people, press, and search engines. Know how to properly structure posts for reader and robot readability and comprehension.
- Write compelling, professional, and engaging web copy….as much as you can while maintaining the highest standards for quality. You should love helping people and providing life-changing solutions to life’s most difficult problems. You will read academic and popular studies, combine disparate sources to create industry-leading analysis, and relate the research to real-life situations and people.
- We will publish your work to WordPress with relevant internal and external links, appropriate images or illustrations, GIFs, and needed markup data.
- Must have at least 3+ years of writing experience.
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- SEO knowledge and optimization experience.
- Experience using Google or Microsoft tools - Docs or Word, Analytics, Sheets or Excel, etc. WordPress experience is a plus.
- Must have writing samples that show in-depth research
- Strong Project management skills
- An eye for good web design AND/OR the ability to communicate with a designer about image needs for content
- Basic knowledge of SEO tools and how they are used to inform content strategy, content writing, and optimization.
- Competitive freelance rates
- Consistent workload every week
- Flexible deadlines
- Stable work as an integral member of a high performing team
- Help people!