About the job
We are an I.T. company based in NYC. We're looking for a few freelance writers to help us write blog content. You’ll work directly with our head of optimization and you can work remote.
We’re looking for writers that
• Can write about complex topics using simple words
• Understand SEO best practices (i.e. knowing to put the keyword in a subheading)
• Prefer to write active verbs and use Oxford commas
• Have written long-form blog content and ebooks for I.T. companies
• Can work with our blog manager primarily through content calendar software (like Trello or Asana) and email. Maybe an occasional Zoom call—only when necessary.
• Can turn around a 1500-2k word article with a 2-3 day notice
• Has experience with MS Word and Google Docs
• Has experience with CMSs (WordPress, etc.) and can upload a completed article to a CMS.
You must have experience writing about one of the following (Please include at least one example of your writing in one of the below topics in the writing samples you send):
• application performance monitoring or digital experience monitoring
• computer programming, engineering, development
• cloud infrastructure
• APIs, CDN, DNS, network monitoring, SaaS monitoring, real user monitoring, synthetic monitoring
• availability and reliability of web services
We will pay $300 per article
In your application, please include
• 3 relevant writing samples. 1 must be about a topic listed above
• A quick intro about you (no more than 2-3 sentences)
• Bonus: include the results your writing generates (i.e. search traffic)