Responsibilities: Although research topics vary widely across industries and human interests, popular categories include analysis of trends, market sizing, competitive landscape analysis, company profiles, and information gathering for due diligence, pitch decks, and investor presentations.
Here are a few samples from our clients:
- "What impact will the self-driving car movement have on global economies?"
- "What are the leading companies that are deeply pursuing the consumer internet of things?”
- "Which Internet / media companies have the greatest amount of revenue from non-advertising sources?"
- “How fragmented (or consolidated) are companies in the used OEM auto parts industry?”
Perks of joining the Wonder Research Network:
- Real-time access to our global community of Wonder Researchers, including subject matter experts who are highly trained and always available for Q&A. This is your “unfair advantage” in research.
- Full access to Wonder’s research database, including all past research findings. Okay, there’s a second unfair advantage.
- Work from home, a beach, a coffee shop, or an exotic locale. We don’t care!
- No fixed hours, and no minimum number of requests to gain access to Wonder’s resources. Simply choose the topics that sound interesting to you!
- Involvement in a high growth tech startup backed by Bloomberg as well as investors who’ve also backed Uber, Bitly, BlueApron, and many other high growth companies
- Intellectual curiosity and penchant for diving into uncharted territory and swiftly becoming an authority
- Ability to synthesize information and create succinct, high-level, often quantitative summaries directly answering users’ questions
- Critical analysis and logical reasoning skills
- A discerning eye for quality online content and data sources
- Command of the English language and strong grammar and writing skills are critical
- Keen attention to details
- Understanding of basic economics is a bonus (knowledge of markets a huge plus)
- Previous experience working in a research-intensive role is a definite plus, though not required
- Bonus: deep understanding of a STEM field/prior study in a technical subject