Are you a writer with a strong interest in photography, or a photographer who excels at writing?
Do you enjoy doing online research and reviewing/comparing photography gear, software, photo prints, and online photography courses?
Then this part-time job may be right for you!
PhotoWorkout.com is an established photography blog (200,000+ visitors a month) focused on photography gear and tutorials. The content we publish includes reviews and ‘Best of’ buying guides of cameras, lenses, printers, and photo software.
Your job will include the following tasks:
- Writing long-form and detailed blog posts using WordPress (Gutenberg Editor)
- Formatting the content as per our writing guidelines
- Uploading photos to our image library using stock photography sites or your own photos
- Adding internal links, SEO meta description, keywords, and titles (using Yoast SEO)
- Editing and updating old content from previous writers
What PhotoWorkout can offer:
- Ongoing work each month (initially up to 20 hours per week)
- A clear and well-structured workflow with flexible working hours
- Plenty of opportunities to learn more about photography and SEO writing
- A platform that can make you a known photography expert (the articles you write will be under your own name with a bio and link to your social media accounts)
- Possibility to grow into a full-time editorial/managerial role over time
- You must have some experience with taking and editing photos (you don’t need to be a professional photographer, but you should be at least a hobby photographer)
- You must have experience writing blog posts using WordPress and have a work history of at least one year (please show some of your published work in your application, ideally you should include some links to your published work)
How you will get paid:
- Selected candidates will be required to do at least one paid test assignment
- Once appointed as a freelancer, you can submit your invoice for blog posts written (word count) and for content edited (hourly rate) every two weeks
- The hourly rate for this job is capped at $25/hour, and the rate per word is capped at $0.08. If you can offer a lower hourly rate/price per word, please mention it in your application.