The DrBrighten.com team is looking for a seasoned, self-motivated, deadline-driven Freelance Health Science Writer. This is a freelance contractor position.
DrBrighten.com is centered around the work of Dr. Jolene Brighten, a naturopathic physician, author and speaker focusing on women’s hormonal health. Our mission is to change women’s lives through our education, product, and service offerings.
As a Freelance Health Science Writer, you will develop engaging, high-quality, science-based content. Attention to detail, organization, clarity, accuracy, and consistency are key.
- Write 2-4 science-based articles per month, or as assigned by the DrBrighten.com Content Team, adhering to in-house style guidelines
- Provide accurate scientific citations, according to DrBrighten.com writing guidelines
- Provide a high level of quality regarding content, organization, clarity, accuracy, format, style, and consistency
- Meet established timelines and/or communicate clearly when deadlines can’t be met
- Identify copyrighted material that requires permission for reproduction; process permission request when required
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years professional science writing/editing experience
- Experience working in a dynamic, deadline and results-oriented environment
- Strong and thorough scientific editing skills, including substantive editing, fact-checking, researching, and referencing experience
- Grammar fiend and enthusiast
- Highly proficient in Google Docs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as journalism, nutrition, biology, psychology, neuroscience, medicine, or similar preferred
- You are a thorough and responsible science writer with a creative side and a sense of humor. You have an uncanny ability to take on the voice and tone of another brand or influencer, all while following our branding/writing guidelines.
- You’re constantly learning and endlessly curious. You’ve got your finger on the pulse of what’s popular in the world of human nutrition, hormones, and fertility.
- You’re meticulous when it comes to grammar and flow. Your writing is engaging enough to appeal to a non-scientist while maintaining a technical/scientific integrity that any scientist, researcher, or doctor would love.
- You set realistic expectations and have a healthy respect for deadlines.
- You deliver stellar, totally original work on time. No repurposing content or recycling already published work. Obviously, plagiarism is bad. Really bad.
- The work you produce for DrBrighten.com is the property of DrBrighten.com and cannot be used on other sites or in other publications.
- Familiarity with DrBrighten.com would be ideal but isn’t mandatory
DrBrighten.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer