This role is fully remote.
Only individuals who are proficient in English will be considered.
In this role as a content editor, you'll be editing content for major global brands in a myriad of industries. This is a great opportunity to become a critical member of a growing startup and to help grow and refine our copy editing department. You'll be responsible for reviewing, editing, and rewriting copy to improve the readability of others' work.
You should be able to read copy or proofs to detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax. You should have experience in crafting SEO content and be adept at verifying sources and citations.
Compose.ly was born from a team of entrepreneurs and content marketing experts with a proven track record of building successful SaaS platforms. We're a content creation platform that pairs small, mid-size, and enterprise-level organizations with vetted freelance writers. We pride ourselves on creating high-quality, SEO-friendly content that drives tangible ROI.
This role is for you if…
- You’re a flexible, experienced writer capable of tackling a wide array of topics
- You have strong editorial skills
- You’re familiar with SEO
- You’re detail-oriented and take pride in your work
- You know the difference between “editing” and “rewriting”
- You take on constructive criticism and are always looking for ways to improve
- You have strong organizational and time management skills
- You love taking initiative and are solution-oriented
- You’re adaptable and versatile and like the hands-on nature of working at a startup
- You’re even-tempered and don’t buckle under pressure
- You’re positive and enthusiastic
What would make you stand out
- Background in SEO and content marketing
- A degree in English, Linguistics, Journalism, or other relevant fields
- Extensive editing experience
- Proof, edit, and rework blog articles, whitepapers, web copy, and more across industries
- Manage multiple client projects at a time including corresponding with individual writers
- Use Compose.ly platform and Google Suite to track, organize, and upload projects
- Track system-based email notifications regularly throughout project lifecycle
- Request revisions and coordinate client-requested revisions with writers
Writer & Content Improvement
- Provide feedback and guidance to writers specializing in a wide range of industries
- Rate writers and record feedback to help create dedicated writer teams for clients
- Learn client requirements and develop individual style guides
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in SEO and content marketing
- Respond to ad hoc requests from Sales team to review technicality of client content
- Identify potential samples that can be shared with prospective clients
- Communicate with Opeartions team daily to ensure quality and meet client deadlines
- Only individuals who are proficient in English will be considered
- Successfully complete our grammar, spelling, and editing assessments
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Familiar with AP Stylebook
How to Get Started
If you think you meet the above requirements and are willing to take on these responsibilities, please do the following:
- Complete the following assessment (5-10 mins): https://forms.gle/3iBY3V3BpoAUyeu76
- Submit your application on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?from=app-tracker-post_apply-appcard&hl=en&jk=34e50890b83cbed5&tk=1ehrggtfrqi5d800
If you move on to the next round, you'll be invited to a real-time editing assessment.
Thank you for applying and good luck!
- Compose.ly HR
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour