We’re looking for an experienced freelance commerce writer to contribute about 4 articles per month (to start) on CleanGreenSimple.com, a fast-growing website focused on plant-based food and sustainable living.
The commerce writer will produce detailed, informative articles featuring great products that are ethically sourced and sustainably produced. Article formats will include single-product reviews, best-product listicles, comprehensive buyer’s guides in the 2,000-3,000 -word range, as well as supporting stories that generate interest in the product-focused content. The commerce writer will be a key contributor as we expand into new categories, including wellness, green home and garden, and sustainable & ethical fashion, beauty, and lifestyle.
Example headlines of product-focused commerce stories:
- The 8 Best Vegan and Cruelty-Free Mascaras
- The 6 Best Immersion Blenders on the Market Today
- 10 Ethical & Sustainable Winter Coats That Will Keep The Chill Away
The goal of this product-focused content is to educate readers as they make purchase decisions and entice them to purchase the products you recommend. Success will be measured by the revenue generated via affiliate links embedded in your articles, so the candidate should not only be a strong writer, but a persuasive product marketer as well.
- Experienced writer, with bylines on established websites in relevant categories. Please only apply if you can share links to live samples of your work appearing on more than one website.
- A knack for finding, researching, and enthusiastically sharing the best products and deals available online.
- Native English speaker based in the U.S.
- Previous experience with commerce and/or affiliate content writing
- Experience with SEO and willingness to adopt an SEO-first mindset and process
- Experience with WordPress, including the ability to upload images and add meta data
- Ability to conduct hands-on product testing and take photographs to include in your articles
- Direct experience with plant-based/vegan/vegetarian/clean eating and a passion for living a healthy, ethical, sustainable lifestyle
Click the link below to fill out the Google form (link below). Applications submitted in any other way will not be considered.