Alternative Media is looking for two new writers to join our editorial team and create awesome blog content. This includes writing blog posts (minimum 800 words) and design briefs where necessary, based on the following topics:
- Health & lifestyle
- Fitness, healthy eating & mental health
- Electricity, gas, fuel & renewable energy
- Shopping guides, trending products
- Real estate, interior design, renovations
- Investment, money saving tips, budgeting
Our posts are based on facts and proven methods for better living. We write for an Australian audience, so British English spelling is a must, along with an understanding of the Australian culture & audience.
If you have a knack for science, a drive to learn about a range of topics, and a passion for creating compelling and unique content, we’d love to hear from you.
Alternative Media is passionate about helping Aussies save money. We own & run multiple brands that offer free comparisons for:
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Electricity & gas
- Home loans
- Hearing aids
You must be willing to work alongside our in-house designers (online) to create visual content that supplements your written work where necessary. This can include infographics, custom imagery and tools/widgets to enhance the blog and add value for our audience. This role allows plenty of room to be creative, so we’re looking for someone who can bring their unique flair and passion to the team.
- Must be based in or near Australia (and know about Medicare & the Australian private health insurance system - just a basic understanding is fine)
- Experience in writing blog posts with examples of published work
- Willing to complete a paid trial task
- Interested in the above topics & able to turn any subject into something unique and interesting
- Driven and passionate, eager to learn
- Immaculate grammar, punctuation, and writing skills
- Passionate about online content (both written and visual)
- Must be responsive, receptive to feedback and able to work online with in-house designers and editors
- Experience in writing for SEO
- Eye for detail
- Able to consistently meet deadlines
- Above all, you understand people and can write for multiple audiences relevant to each topic
- Degree in marketing, psychology or journalism
- Knowledge or experience in insurance
- Knowledge or experience in home loans & real estate
If you have a blog to share with us, that would be a plus!
We’re looking for someone to write 3-5 blog posts per week (on an on-going basis if successful). Payment for each blog post is 30 USD.
To apply, please email your CV, cover letter and 3 samples of previous work (to showcase your passion, creativity and exceptional writing skills!) to Emma at [email protected]