The world’s largest workforce works for themselves. We work for them.
The QuickBooks Resource Center is currently hiring a contract Deputy Editor to help lead and manage the publication and maintain consistent quality across all content we produce.
The Deputy Editor will be the first to provide feedback on articles published in the resource center, and will be critical to the daily operation and growth of the publication.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with authors to develop compelling story hooks
- Provide advice on framing and headlines
- Edit and proof copy
- Manage production and publishing schedules
- Maintaining the categorization and tagging of content
- Preparing articles for publication
In addition to the daily blog management tasks, the deputy editor will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to develop new features, mentor authors, conduct audience research, and continually develop the Quickbooks Resource Center into a best-in-class publication for small and medium-sized business.
- At least 4 years experience in managing a publication
- A proven track record in blogging, preferably in the marketing or small-business space
- The ability to write and edit clean copy and edit to QuickBooks style guide
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work mostly independently, with support and input from editors and colleagues.
- A creative, collaborative spirit; comfort trying new ideas, knowing some won't work.
- Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Deputy Editor” as the subject (all others will be ignored)
- Tell us about your experiences in editing and managing a publication.
- Please provide a links to 3 of your favorite pieces you have edited, and a few lines about why it stands out to you.
- Tell us in 5 sentences or less what a best-in-class small business resource center would look like to you.
If you pass the screening, you will be given a series of editing tests that will judge your feedback style and attention to detail.
We’re a small but hungry team with the goal of developing a best-in-class resource center that will make a meaningful impact in small business owner’s lives. We’re looking to ramp up quickly, and will only accept candidates who share our passion.
Please reply by March 23rd, all late applications will be put on file for a later date.