Are you a fiction copyeditor looking for a new exciting long-term gig? We may have a position for you!
We’re seeking exceptional fiction copyeditors, especially if you’re experienced with editing romance writing, for a copyediting/line-editing hybrid position.
- You are precise, detail-oriented, and skilled in grammar and word usage.
- You are a native English speaker and writer.
- You have editing experience.
- You use style guides when editing.
- You have open availability and can be reached throughout the day.
- You can work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Our rate is $5 per 1,000 words. Projects range from 20K to 150K words each. So, you can make good money on a single project, and with our workflow, we can keep your pipeline full of exciting projects. Once hired, you are not required to apply for or bid on jobs. Based on your capacity, jobs come to you!
Here’s an overview when editing books with our company:
- Ensuring characteristics of people, plot, objects, and timeline are consistent.
- Removing overused words.
- Tightening the language used. Ensure it’s clear and fluid.
- Tightening transitions and scenes. Ensuring it all makes sense and reads well.
- Improving tone and phrasing.
- Improving the rhythm and pacing.
- Lookout for narrative digressions.
- Correcting errors: grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, syntax, font usage, numerals, hyphenation.
- Writing craft: paragraph structure and sentence structure.
- Voice and style.
- Overall, delivering a piece that is error-free, reads well, is consistent, cohesive, and complete.
You’ll be working one-on-one with writers, interacting with clients, and be a key player in each project!
We’re a large and growing ghostwriting company that produces the highest quality books in our market. Some of our clients have reached national bestseller lists (USA Today) while others run large publishing businesses.
Our brand is synonymous with the highest quality writing and an exceptional customer experience. Our client reviews are a testament to our values. We strive to deliver an even greater service by expanding our excellent team with people motivated to help make that happen. Our enjoyable work environment ensures dedication to keep writers’ and editors’ calendars full of exciting projects; therefore, providing them a steady income.
Join our collective effort to make sure every client receives an outstanding experience from start to finish. Overachievers are welcome. They are part of the reason our company has continued to grow.
If you would like to be considered for a position with us, please apply at https://airtable.com/shrxHJHfvLjl93jnt
You will be asked a number of questions, and you are required to upload the editing test provided upon completion.
We will review your application and get back to you within 14 days.
Best of luck!
HotGhostWriter Recruitment Department
P.S. Have questions?
Contact us: [email protected]