We are looking for 3 new writers to create high-quality content for our portfolio of sites. We cover a variety of niches, including: pets, travel, beauty, home and garden, DIY, product reviews, comparisons and more.
You must be either experienced in these areas or have great online research skills. We are looking for applicants who have availability to write 1000 to 7000 words per week on an ongoing basis.
What We’re Looking For:
- Native English Speakers. Please do not apply if English is not your first language, or you are not fluent in English to a native level.
- New writers are welcome to apply with samples, but we will prioritise experienced writers (especially those who can provide links to published articles)
- Great communicators. We do not wish to work with people who are difficult to reach. We will also expect you to be able to respond to constructive feedback.
- Punctual Writers. We will expect deadlines to be met at all times. Missing deadlines or leaving it until the last moment to let us know you are unable to complete an article is not acceptable.
- An ability to write in many different styles and voices, from light-hearted and conversational, to professional and formal.
- Close adherence to guidelines. Article guidelines can often be very specific. We will expect you to follow these closely and contact us if they have any questions. We are a friendly bunch and will happily help out if you have any questions.
- Completely unique content. Spun or plagiarised content will not be accepted. Any writer who submits this will be immediately removed from the team and will not receive any further work or payment.
- Be familiar with what constitutes an authority source to back up claims
- Must be able to write 1000-7000 words per week.
- European or Eastern Time Zones are preferred.
- Familiarity with Trello, Slack and Google Docs is a plus.
- A basic understanding of SEO and keywords
- Knowledge of AP style and Flesch readability scores
- Ability to accept PayPal
- Write the word "Pumpkin Pie” somewhere in your application so we know you have read this in full.
- You may be asked to sign a NDA.
Types of Articles:
- Articles range from 1000 words to 4000 words on average.
- Informational articles and product reviews/buyers guides.
- Simple, clear & concise with short sentences.
- Valuable content only. Repetitive, fluff or filler content will not be accepted.
- Include photos and/or videos when appropriate.
- Include references and in-text links when appropriate.
Please send us an email at [email protected] with “Writer Application” in the subject line.
You must include the following in your application to be considered:
-CV or LinkedIn profile
-How many years of experience you have
-How many words you can commit to per week
-Live links to, or examples of, your current work
-A little about you and why you would like to work for us
-Your rate per word in USD
We look forward to hearing from you!