An established mom blog is looking for a seasoned writer in the mom/baby/pregnancy niche. We are looking for one writer who can handle 10,000 – 12,000 words per month for a long-term assignment.
Our style of writing is very detail-oriented and aimed at giving new moms practical advice in the categories of pregnancy, postpartum, baby care, and baby products. We lean pretty crunchy and write about topics like Montessori toys, baby bathtubs, and delayed cord clamping.
What You’ll Be Working On
We write “how to” articles as well as “the X best” baby gear lists. We would write an article on how to introduce solid foods, how to get your baby to sleep through the night, and how to travel with your baby.
The assignments will include articles similar to these:
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a writer who has warmth and compassion in his/her writing style. Someone that can easily connect with the reader and empathize with what she’s going through as she transitions into motherhood and as she learns to care for her baby. The kind of writer who makes the reader feel like they’re talking to their best friend.
We’re looking for someone who is great at doing in-depth research but can write casually enough so the info doesn’t overwhelm the reader. We’re looking for someone who can inform without judgment. And someone who can receive feedback well and integrate it into their writing.
Finally, we are looking for someone who can craft long-form content that is detailed but engaging to the reader. And someone who has good experience with SEO writing and principles that get articles to rank.
- Research and write 4 to 6 articles each month, typically 2,000 words or more in length.
- Reference scientific studies and medical journals for evidence-based information.
- Approach each article with the intention of writing a thorough piece on the subject.
- Write SEO-optimized, engaging long-form content that helps new moms.
How To Apply
Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following info:
- Use "Mom Blog Writer Application" as the subject line.
- Tell us about yourself, how long you've been writing, and why you are interested in this position.
- Include links to 2-3 relevant writing samples and your website, if you have one.
- Please include your requested rate (per word) for long-form content (1500+ words).
- Briefly describe your approach to writing SEO-friendly material.
- Write a 100-word piece on “Something I Wish All New Moms Knew”