At Traveling Spoon, we are reinventing our content strategy, beginning with our brand new blog. Here, we will be publishing the best information out there about local culinary experiences in cities and countries across the globe. These aren’t your typical top 10 articles, but in-depth local content that will get travelers excited about their upcoming trips and provide them actionable tips on how to get the best local food experiences. Travelers and foodies come to Traveling Spoon to get insights that they can't get elsewhere.
We are looking for several writers who have experience not only in the travel or food industries, but who have extensive experience researching and crafting digestible and conversational content. As a Traveling Spoon writer, you are:
- A lover of travel and good food.
- A writer whose personality shines through in your writing.
- Happy to get a general topic idea and outline, and run with it by researching the topic, reviewing what has already been written, and then crafting something 5x better.
- Intimately familiar with travel and food topics/industries.
- Have a background in writing quality content, not just basic blog posts.
- Happy to work with hosts and unique data to create accessible content.
- Are able to craft 1-2 articles at 1,000-2,000 words on a weekly, freelance basis.
As one of our new writers, you will own the researching and crafting of relevant and engaging local content related to cooking and culinary experiences in specific cities across the globe. Although you will be provided with outlines, writers for this position must be highly independent and proactive when it comes to researching and gathering information for the articles they are writing.
In your submission, please include 3 travel or food-related content pieces you’ve created in the past, explain how you meet the above criteria, and let us know your rates. Oh, and tell us about the best food experience you’ve ever experienced!
About Traveling Spoon
Traveling Spoon is like having a friend’s mom cook you a home-cooked meal in every country you visit. Traveling Spoon connects travelers with local, vetted hosts to share the joy of a homemade meal in their home and learn about their cultural and culinary traditions passed down through generations. To help travelers experience local cuisine, Traveling Spoon offers in-home meals with our hosts. In addition, we also offer in-home cooking experiences as well as market visits as an add-on to many of the meal experiences.