Helping Contenders Become Unstoppable
We’re looking for writers deeply passionate and knowledgeable about both the art and science of fitness.
At Gloveworx, we use boxing as the core modality to craft an integrated, high-performance fitness program for continuous improvement. Ideal writers have a strong understanding and experience with lifestyle brands such as SoulCycle and Peloton. The perfect writer would be someone enthusiastic about fitness and wellness in their own lives, as well as motivated by the challenge to effectively represent the voices and knowledge of Gloveworx coaches.
Gloveworx is a California-based fitness studio founded by long-time athletic coach Leyon Azubuike, a college football captain at Temple University and US Nationals Heavyweight competitor. Using boxing as its fitness focus, Gloveworx approaches fitness with an integrated approach, leveraging physical training and sports medicine.
- Create original content that follows brand voice/tone guidelines and audience profiles
- Write article outlines that summarize topics to be covered in a full article
- Write full articles that meet brand guidelines and SEO standards
- Add relevant headers, images and links (internal, external, product links)
- Expert speaking, writing, and reading English fluency
- Familiarity with readability scores such as Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease
- Experience producing ghostwritten content
- Comfortable being in writing workflow with back-and-forth feedback with editors
- Experience applying SEO best practices to web content
- Familiarity with sports medicine concepts such as recovery and regeneration
- Understanding of boxing skill fundamentals
We are currently looking for writers interested in writing 1,000-5,000 words/week spread across 1-6 articles. For writers that are a good fit with our brand, we will offer steady work for several months. We are able to offer between $0.02/word to $0.05/word depending on experience and fit.
Please follow these instructions carefully. Any applicants who do not adhere to the application process will not be considered:
Provide 2-3 published samples in the health and fitness niche.
In a paragraph, describe why you’d be a good fit for this position. Touch on your passion for fitness, and your experience with sports medicine.
In a paragraph, discuss your ghostwriting process and experience.