We are looking for an editor to collaborate with our CS and writers to produce well-written and well-researched pieces of content. Our company owns a portfolio of websites of several different niches (audio, headphones, skincare, tech, etc).
As an editor, you're expected to:
- Work closely with our Content Strategist and Writers
- Assess and suggest improvements on the content flow
- Identify claims or insights that require further context or proof
- Spot and edit weird phrasings, grammatical mistakes, and fluff.
- Provide constructive feedback to help writers improve
- Follow a specific set of style and editing guidelines
If you think you match this description well, add the word ‘Definitely’ before your answer when asked about your experience as an Editor in the Application Form below.
- If deemed qualified, you’ll be offered a pay range of 15-30/hour depending on skill level.
- Payments are sent every 1st of the following month.
“HARD SKILLS” NEEDED:
- At least 1-year work experience as a Content Editor or any similar role
- Solid writing skills backed by an online portfolio
- Comfortable with handling a wide range of subjects
- Speed: can edit 1000-3000 word articles at max 3 hours
“SOFT SKILLS” NEEDED:
- Detail-oriented. Able to follow a set of requirements and processes, and has a keen eye to identify points of improvement
- Responsible. The editors set their own deadlines; it is their responsibility to adhere to them.
- Respectful. No “finger-pointing” and “shaming”.
- Communicative. Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
To apply, please fill out our Google Form by clicking the Apply button below.