My name is David and I founded a tech website called VPNOverview.com. We write about VPN software, but also about password managers, antivirus, online privacy, cybersecurity, geopolitics, streaming, downloading, and online freedom in a broader sense. We’re active in 10 languages, so we’re striving for quite an international reach.
What are we looking for?
Currently, we are looking for an experienced editor to work closely with and support our chief editor. It’s a remote freelance writing job, but if there is a good fit, I would like to work with you long-term; there’s plenty to write about!
Ideally, you are available between 24 and 40 hours per week. I’m looking for an editor that meets the following criteria:
- Experienced tech writer/editor with native written English proficiency level.
- An investigative approach and impeccable writing skills.
- Able to teach and mentor copywriters. Help them improve their writing skills and give them guidance (leadership capacities)
- Familiar with working in WordPress.
- Good knowledge of SEO (e.g., able to do keyword research, work with tools like SurferSEO, AHrefs etc.).
- Not afraid of applying (or learning about) some really basic HTML.
- Able to work autonomously.
- A hard worker with a drive to excel and be the best.
- Someone who can handle deadlines and does not fear a challenging workload.
- Checking and editing new articles written by our editorial team on various topics related to VPN, web safety, online privacy, and internet freedom. You will keep the latest SEO knowledge and insights in mind when doing so. The articles that appear on our site have to be well-researched, appealing, well-written, well-structured, and comprehensive, as we are aiming for #1 positions in Google. You are responsible for ensuring these quality parameters are met.
- Keep track of the latest SEO developments.
- When our copywriters update existing (already ranking) content on our websites, you check if they have done so thoroughly and adequately.
- You will be working closely with and reporting to our chief editor
What you can expect from us?
I’m looking for someone who likes to work hard and wants to excel and build an awesome site with us.
Remuneration indication: minimum of 2,400 USD per month based on a full-time engagement, but depending on your profile (e.g. experience, skillset, productivity, and English proficiency level) it can eventually become much higher (4,000+ USD). I'm open to discussing the options.
We have a small team in The Netherlands, and also some team members spread across the world. In case of a fruitful collaboration, we can also explore other contract forms.
How to apply
You can apply via ProBlogger. We need the following info from you when you apply:
- A short cover letter on why you would like to work with us and on why you are the right person for the job
- Writing examples/portfolio
- Your resume and contact info
Looking forward to hearing from you!