Are you able to create high quality content for the web?
Do you have experience dealing with young kids?
We’re looking for a highly experienced writer to create regular well-written content related to parenting for a toy-business blog.
About the business
Premium Joy is a toy company that offers the top quality of educational foam playthings for kids including puzzles and blocks. Our blog informs parents and educators on subjects related to child development and educational toys.
You will be primarily responsible for writing 1-4 new articles for the blog every month. Each article will be in the range of 1000-2500 words. The content needs to be optimized for search engines but written primarily for the online user.
While article topics will be provided, we welcome (and actually encourage) suggestions from the writer based on proper keyword research and their life experience.
Following are the main requirements for the articles:
- Conversational and engaging tone
- Original and unique content
- No grammar/spelling errors
- Free of generic and fluffy content (every word counts)
- Formatted properly for the web (e.g. headings and short paragraphs)
- SEO optimized (mainly for Google traffic)
- Include practical information for parents and educators
These are some articles that perfectly satisfy the above requirements and are quite engaging to read (which is what we expect):
You may also check the articles on our blog to gain more understanding of what we're looking for.
Following are the required qualifications of writers to be considered for the job:
- Fluent in English (preferably a native English speaker)
- Great experience with writing online content (preferably on topics related to parenting)
- Some kind of experience dealing with young children (i.e. parenting, relevant job or college degree)
- Available to write up to 4 long-form articles every month
- Able to perform online research for the articles as needed
The experience around dealing with kids (#3 above) can be one of the following:
- Parent of little children (under 12 years old)
- Experience in a job that deals with children (e.g. teacher or nurse)
- College degree in something that’s related to child development (e.g. education or psychology)
In the job application, you will be asked to submit some relevant past articles in order to be considered.
Lastly, you may be asked to write a short trial article before hire to ensure you're qualified for the job.