Suit Recruitment, Search, Talent Acquisition or Consulting Background.
We are Australia's leading executive-level branding and career advisory firm and we’re about to embark upon a period of growth.
There is an opportunity for a talented professional (with a background in Recruitment, Search, or Talent) who cares about being at the peak of their game and who has knowledge of the Australian recruitment and selection market, to join our tight, nimble and highly capable team in the capacity of an Executive Personal Brand Consultant.
WHO ARE YOU?
Are you a charismatic, intelligent and warm-natured recruitment pro, gifted at building trusted relationships with senior leaders?
Do you get a kick out of being the trusted advisor, and feel most appreciated when you provide clients with an ‘aha’ moment by offering credible insights and valuable contexts that a) get them ‘unstuck’ and b) take their career prospects to the next level?
And, are you gifted in the power of persuasion, with a natural ability to 'sell' an idea and influence?
If the above and the below sound like you, then this role will fit like a glove. People who succeed with us:
- Thrive in changing environments where assumptions are continuously tested, because they see change as a source of competitive advantage rather than a source of frustration;
- Love to work with a senior-level clientele;
- Are pedantic about detail;
- Care deeply about being at the peak of their game, and are not afraid to be pushed to get there;
- Feel in their element when providing top-notch advice;
- See themselves as elite performers and enjoy working with like-minded people;
- Are tenacious with a lack of personal tolerance for failure. You expect a lot of yourself, and will move mountains to ensure you follow through. To the point of stubbornness;
- Light up in a mission-centred, professional yet informal start-up (but more scale-up) culture.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will be among a growing team of hand-picked experts who are thirsty to make a difference not only to our amazing executive clientele, but to the bigger talent and leadership game.
On a daily basis, you will be nurturing relationships with senior leaders across a range of regions, verticals, industries and organisational sizes. In this role, you will:
- Lead end to end personal branding package delivery, providing job market positioning advice to those looking to stand out in a highly competitive recruitment landscape;
- Partner with our team to execute client brand strategy across online (LinkedIn profile), offline (resume and cover letter), and verbal positioning (elevator pitch) ensuring that each client has a clear point of difference that positions them uniquely as a fit for their next step;
- Offer strategic career coaching and recruitment advice to help clients clarify what ‘next step’ looks like i.e. what makes sense in the context of their background and where they’d have the most impact;
- Provide Elevator Pitch Coaching to help clients communicate their value verbally with impact;
- Ensure of client success, maximising traction in the market once they’ve undergone our branding journey.
Using your familiarity with the TA space, you will tailor a solution to move clients towards their intended direction, to achieve market traction and success. This is something that we will teach you, but you must have had deep agency recruitment experience to understand which dots need to be connected (we’ll show you the how), a marketing and communications aptitude, and importantly, high levels of commercial astuteness – a rare blend and a delicate balance to strike.
You will need to understand our vision, our branding philosophy and approach, and have a desire to soak up what we do like a sponge to appreciate why what we do is powerful (enough to be challenged on it by a senior executive and be able to stand behind it 100%).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
This role is for someone who:
- Is wired to build convincing arguments. If you are told that your talents have been wasted (i.e. you should have been a lawyer, sales person, marketer or politician), this role will fit like a glove. You need to love the idea of sculpting your client’s experience and personality to secure buy in from the reader;
- Is warm and engaging, with high levels of integrity, you can create a credible and professional client experience, and through this deliver a high end service;
- Is comfortable providing recruitment and positioning advice to C-level clients that takes their positioning to the next level, you are focused on delivery, dedicated to your word, and flourish when surpassing expectations;
- Has an inquisitive nature. This personality trait allows you to uncover unique traits about individuals, linking these to market needs to distinguish our clients from their competition;
- Is able to offer strategic career advice and consultation in a non-threatening way, educating clients on why the positioning we’ve chosen will benefit them;
- Loves to learn. You’re curious and are OK with continuous feedback. We have built an entirely new way of thinking that you will need to learn – if you shriek at the sight of feedback, our business will be challenging for you;
- Is flexible, quick on their feet, comfortable to change directions whilst remaining focused on excellence. Our business is constantly evolving, and conversations with clients are never the same. It’s not for the faint-hearted;
- Has a sharp mind and is a lateral thinker, you’re gifted at seeing patterns in information, and use your expertise in the recruitment sphere, your commercial know-how and markers for leadership success to maximise people’s potential;
- Possesses a proclivity towards personal growth and a yearning to contribute to an organisation that improves the lives of its clients. (Our vision is to enable leaders to do their life’s best work so that together we can change our world for the better. This means that we too are on the hook, and expect a lot of ourselves and each other);
- Appreciates the complexities of working within a premium brand. Ownership, excellence in communication, both written and verbal, are a must, as is being self-motivated, proactive and dedicated to providing world class service;
- You must have a love affair with writing - this forms an integral part of our business and the role.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a part of the team, you get to enjoy the benefit of being a part of a scale-up that doesn’t settle for mediocrity, is rapidly evolving, and is pushing the boundaries of a new niche.This is a 100% work from home role. We trust our people to be accountable, and you’ll be responsible for producing results, rather than clocking in and out. This is why we don’t expect you to sit behind a corporate desk in the city Monday to Friday from 9-6pm.
You’ll not be drowning in corporate bureaucracy or navigating workplace politics. Instead, you’ll be surrounded (virtually) by high-performing people who are at the top of their game, yet are down to earth, who love to solve complex problems and who make their time at work count.
Our clients are successful, intelligent, driven, high profile people and you’ll not only be partnering closely with them, but you’ll be working on exciting and rewarding projects that help grow our business. If you love taking creative and innovative approaches to existing processes, a fulfilling role awaits you.
We believe there is always a better way – and innovation is one of our core driving forces, constantly propelling us to think ahead of the game.
To understand more about our mission, values and the type of people we are looking for, please check out http://arielle.com.au/careers.
If this sounds like a challenge you’d like to take on, please submit your application to Irene McConnell, Managing Director at Arielle Executive via email on [email protected] quoting the subject “Executive Personal Brand Consultant | Problogger”.
Please include your resume, a link to your LinkedIn profile and a personalised cover letter. Please tell us why you’re interested in this opportunity, why we should hire you and what you can bring to the table.
We look forward to your application!
Managing Director – Arielle Executive