Exciting Editor Opportunity (Cybersecurity/VPN Niche)
Hi folks! My name is Bram, and I’m a part of a fantastic team that runs a blog about VPNs.
Who says geeks aren’t cool? We just think the world is too ordinary for us.
Are you highly motivated and ready to take the initiative? Do you have a passion for editing and writing? Do you want a job that you can work from anywhere?
Would you like to be a part of the highly talented team that continuously pushes the boundaries of SEO, copywriting, and knowledge of marketing?
If so, we have so much in common!
Our team welcomes a fresh mind to the VPN world, carrying out the crucial function of crafting valuable articles that help our readers solve their problems!
We need someone who is scrutinizing every detail of this job ad and rolling their eyes at the questionable grammar choices. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with editing, fact-checking, proofreading, project management, as well as the ability and willingness to collaborate directly with content writers.
You will be the guardian of quality and ultimately responsible for maintaining high editorial standards for the project.
You don’t have to be the next Edward Snowden. Still, you’ll need to have at least a passion for communicating, great attention to detail, a good work ethic, some cybersecurity industry knowledge, willingness to learn, adapt and grow together!
- Managing and scaling up the content production
- Sense check, quality check, editorial check
- Screening new writers
- Editorial processes improvements
- Educate writers, give feedback, do everything you can to improve the quality
- Brief/outline checks and confirmations
- Style guidelines - formatting, structure, font, voice, etc...
- Proven work experience as a content editor
- Native-level English speaker with EXCELLENT writing and editing skills in US English
- High attention to detail (a must!) and accuracy
- Have a can-do, ‘if I don’t know, I’ll find out’ attitude
- Enjoy figuring things out without supervision and learning on the go
- Can be just as comfortable sharing constructive feedback as you are at receiving it
- Good research and fact-checking skills
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing content projects
- Competitive pay rates
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
- Work directly with the Founder/CEO
- Opportunity to experiment using the newest online copywriting tricks and techniques
- Consistent and stable workload every week
- Opportunity to contribute, shape, and improve the current Editorial processes
- Opportunity to lead and manage a team of writers
- Learn highly sought-after skills
Still, reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? We’ll give you a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to produce the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
We’ll give you everything you need to flourish in this role and become a genuinely respected editor in the VPN space!
You’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
No agencies, please!
Pay Rate: Our pay rate depends on your experience and topical expertise.
Project Size: We expect that you will need to review at least 1000+ articles in the next 12-24 months.
Let’s connect! Please submit your application via: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHoBvgSMdJil7clRDITlb89INei4qCxQqKZh2A6PQSP1wfw/viewform?usp=sf_link