We are running a successful blog about Laptops, Computers, and other tech content at laptop251.com. We are already successful, receiving hundreds of thousands of visits each month, but we know this website can do a lot more.
We are putting together an A-Team and that’s where you come in.
Do you have a passion for technology and love writing and editing? (A match made in heaven, right?)
Do you consider yourself an editorial expert?
Great! We’re looking for something a little more than expert though. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes user intent, grammar, and spelling. We need someone who is scrutinizing every detail of this job add and rolling their eyes at the questionable grammar choices. (Did you see what I did there? :) )
We’re looking for an expert content Editor who can help us expand our site. We’re making a big push to ensure that the site has a bright and promising future, and we want you to be a huge part of making that happen.
We welcome a fresh mind to the computer, laptop, tech world, carrying out the critical function of crafting valuable articles that help our readers solve their problems!
The ideal candidate should have vast experience with editing, fact-checking, proofreading, project management, as well as the ability to collaborate directly with content writers and other team members.
Still reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? You will get a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to produce the highest quality content with minimal bottlenecks. You will have everything you need to flourish in this role and become a truly respected editor in the computer and laptop tech space!
You’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
We are open to either starting this as a part-time position, leading to full-time, or hiring the right candidate as a full-time team member.
- Make grammar and stylistic edits to articles
- Ensure the articles are 100% accurate and unique
- Perform quality check, editorial check
- Manage the editorial calendar, including creating and/or reviewing content outlines for writers
- Communicate feedback and advice to writers
- Work alongside the writers and content uploaders to ensure a consistent and frictionless content process
- Managing and scaling up the content production
- Educate writers, provide feedback to improve the content quality
- Brief/outline checks and confirmations
- Follow and improve style guidelines, including formatting, structure, tone of voice, etc…
- Constantly improve and increase your knowledge
- Proven editing experience
- Content marketing experience
- Native-level English speaker with outstanding writing and editing skills in US English
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Loves to learn new things
- Have a can-do, “if I don’t know, I’ll find out” attitude
- Comfortable at sharing and receiving constructive feedback
- Good research and fact-checking skills
- Availability to overlap some hours each workday with European time (GMT/CET) and EST time
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing content projects
- Competitive pay rates with experience
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to experiment using the latest online copywriting techniques
- Consistent and stable workload every week
- Opportunity to contribute, shape, and improve the current Editorial processes
- Opportunity to lead and manage a team of writers
- Work directly with the Co-Founder/CMO
- Learn highly sought-after skills
Pay Rate: pay rate depends on your experience, managerial and topical expertise.
Project Size: We expect that you will need to review at least 400+ articles in the next 12 months.
Let’s connect! Please submit your application via this form https://forms.gle/5sctWpzydSQVstvFA
Important: In the field called “What makes you a great candidate for this position?”, start your answer with the word “Aloha”. We want to make sure applicants have read and understood this job ad (you'd be surprised how many automated replies we get!).