Reelgood.com, a San Francisco start-up, is looking for a seasoned and dedicated entertainment writers for our blog, UpNext.
We want you on our team if you’re an enthusiastic fan of TV and film (with extensive knowledge and familiarity with streaming services), and have a fun & upbeat writing style.
You will be expected to take on topic assignments from the team, and also come up with your own article pitches.
What you’d be expected to write will vary, and would range from honest movie and show reviews/recommendations to listicles. Some examples...
- The 10 Best Horror Movies on Amazon Prime
- The TK Most Mind-Blowing Health Documentaries On Netflix Right Now
- TK Golden Globe Winners You Can Stream Now
- Westworld Season 3 Finale: Here's What It Means
You must be comfortable working in a deadline-oriented environment and with delivering time-sensitive pitches. You will be expected to write anywhere from one to five articles per week.
- At least one year of hands-on, deadline-driven online editorial experience, preferably for an entertainment publication or online (please submit the links to your previously published work online along with your resume, cover letter, and writing samples)
- A strong knowledge of TV & film — specifically, though not limited to, streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, CrunchyRoll, AcornTV, TVLand, Starz, Showtime, The CW, etc. — and a passion for covering it
- Can keep up-to-date with what’s trending in the entertainment industry, and submit timely pitches for content you believe readers will respond to
- Excellent knowledge of pop culture landscape, both past and present
- Creativity and flexibility
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments at once
- Excellent time-management
- Eager to contribute your own ideas
- Can take constructive criticism and feedback like a champ!
Interested candidates should submit at least three (3) writing samples to Cat Burhenne at [email protected]