Do you want to reach and make a positive impact on millions of people?
Do you love copywriting and the challenge of writing emails that convert?
Are you excited about the idea of taking on a 400,000+ person email list?
This job might be for you if you:
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home
- don't like drumming up new business or chasing down clients
- like exercising your creativity and experimentation
- like having responsibility
- like working collaboratively
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- want to make the world a better place
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment.
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are looking for another client to add to your list of clients
- have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don't like needing to come up with ideas
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- don't have a real interest or experience in online education.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 100 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs and have 400,000+ people on our email list.
This is a unique opportunity to be the primary person behind our email list and web push strategy.
As our email marketer, you would be responsible for:
- Writing emails and web push notifications
- Setting up funnels
- Conceiving of landing pages and offers
- A/B testing and conversion rate optimization
- Setting up marketing automation
- Analyzing campaign performance
You do NOT need to be able to design or code (other team members will handle that).
You would work closely with the founder of FluentU (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alancpark/).
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/communication-guidelines), among other things (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/mission-and-operating-principles).
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- doesn't need to have all the skills mentioned in the job description, but should have many of them.
- has marketing experience and intuition
- has a quantitative bent
- is a fast learner who is willing to put in the work to figure it out.
- writes and speaks English like a native speaker
- is terrific at written communication.
- has a deep interest in language learning or online education.
- is able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (pay is hourly: https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/why-we-have-hourly-pay-and-how-it-works-in-practice) and is looking for something long-term.
Employment Type: Part-time or Full-time
Title: Email Marketer
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here and fill out the form: https://form.asana.com/?hash=cbe5e2bb2080612aba827e19e0eb2fe75129b1e51f0194e83a64293a9cc482fa&id=1168390091040811