Hi, I’m Alex and I run a blog about DIY solar power called Footprint Hero.
I’m looking for a freelance writer to write articles about how to do simple electrical calculations and conversions – such as how to calculate watts from volts and amps and how to convert milliamp hours to watt hours.
Examples of the types of articles you’ll be writing:
I may also assign topics on the basics of electricity (e.g. “what is a watt hour?” or “what is a battery C-rating?”) and ask you to update existing electricity articles on the blog by fleshing them out and adding more information or explanation where needed.
- Write and format articles in WordPress about electrical calculations and conversions and the basics of electricity in an easy to understand manner
- Take good photos of examples or analogies to complement your articles (smartphone photos work just fine) and upload them to WordPress
- Update published articles by adding more information or explanation where needed
- $0.10 per word
- Paid via direct deposit
WORKLOAD & CONTRACT LENGTH
- 3-4 articles per month (roughly 1 per week) of 1000-2000 words
- 2-3 months expected contract length, with a chance to increase it
- Fluent in English
- Academic degree and/or 2+ years professional experience in a field related to electricity (e.g. electrical engineer, electrician, solar installer)
- Ability to write clearly and explain the basics of electricity in an easy to understand manner
- Freelance writing experience
- No coding experience necessary
- No DIY solar power experience necessary
- Apply via the link below
- If I like your application, I’ll move you on to a paid trial which will consist of 1-2 trial assignments ($25 fixed fee for each assignment, paid via PayPal)
- If I like your trial assignments, I’ll move you on to a 15-30 min Zoom interview
- If hired, I’ll ask you to sign a contract and fill out a W-9