Flourish Marketing is hiring an Editor
We are looking for an exceptional Editor to manage our content creation process and ensure that every word we write is meaningful and high-quality. You’ll be the one making sure that tone and style are spot-on for the client or Flourish Marketing and keeping an eagle eye out that we adhere to the StoryBrand SB7 Framework. You’ll be articulating assignment vision, timelines, and deliverables to writers and then polishing their work products. A stickler for deadlines, you will partner with the writers and Client Concierge to keep all work on or ahead of schedule.
If you continue to mimic the journeys of your peers and idols, you will fade into a sea of sameness and never reach your potential. At Flourish Marketing, we help our empire-building clients stand out from the crowd through radically authentic messaging strategy and copywriting that transform them from leaders to legends.
Our Copywriting Approach:
Copywriting allows our team to manifest our client’s authentic voice, StoryBrand messaging strategy, and vision into words that connect with their ideal clients. Having the strategy means nothing if it isn’t activated to help our clients grow their empires. People buy because they read words that make them buy. We write those words.
We create copy that resonates, meaning we capture the vibrational essence of our client’s story in the Strategy Session and then craft words that match the vibrational essence of their client’s stories. We are matchmaking via tone, sentence structure, and word choice. The words we write will allow our client to love her business because she works with “her people.” We are using copywriting to activate the law of attraction (clear intention + heightened emotion + Universal alignment → attraction) in our clients’ empires by using high/low vibration words in a specific order to evoke emotion, recognition, and movement. When writing, let us always remember the power of each word.
- Ultimate “Why”: You maintain the voice of Flourish Marketing and our clients through clear, visual language that resonates with the frequency of ideal clients. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of all written materials.
- Edit and approve all words before they go to the client or final approval by the CEO. Use our editing checklist to ensure each piece is polished and compelling. Be especially mindful of grammar, syntax, word choice, and tone. If a piece requires a re-write, provide it back to the original writer with constructive notes and feedback.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager & Client Concierge to ensure deliverables are in line with the content strategy
- Educate writers on writing best practices via the editing process as needed.
- Follow the established editing deadlines, timelines, and workflows.
- Proactively communicate issues and partner to improve workflows as needed.
- Identify ways to improve the flow of materials.
- Participate in the writer hiring and onboarding process to maintain a dynamic, efficient, and highly-skilled writer’s room
- Answer writer questions regarding assignments and the StoryBrand SB7 Framework.
This may be the right opportunity for you if you:
- Don’t understand how people live without Grammarly
- Have an almost obsessive attention to detail
- Have high standards
- Are a word actor - you can write and identify tone and voice just as easily for a therapist as you could for a landscaping company
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Seek to make the lives of everyone you serve easier and better
- Love technology, systems, and organization as much as you love adding a personal touch to everything you do
- Eat details and timelines for breakfast and are always one step ahead of others’ needs
- Are obsessed with creating solutions to prevent mistakes from happening again
- Have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically
- Are a good human with a big heart who loves to serve, collaborate, and have fun
- Have strong time management skills
- Experience with ClickUp is a huge plus
- Have read Building a StoryBrand and Marketing Made Simple by Donald Miller (if not, you will be asked to do so prior to starting. Reading time is not compensated.)