Who We Are
PrudentReviews.com is a fast-growing website that helps over 600K people find the best products for their homes every month. The content consists of in-depth product reviews, comparisons, how-to articles, and helpful informational guides related to Kitchen/Cooking, Home Maintenance, and Cleaning. The articles range in length, but they tend to be between 1,800 and 3000 words.
Our audience is made up of two segments: 1) People actively shopping for new products for their homes, and 2) People trying to solve a problem or get an answer to a question they have about cleaning, home maintenance, or cooking.
What We’re Looking For
We're looking to further build our core website categories (Kitchen/Cooking, Home Maintenance, and Cleaning) with the help of an energetic, detail-oriented, and analytical freelance editor.
We have extremely high editorial standards and expect each article to be well-researched, engaging, and more helpful than every other piece of content on that topic.
We currently have a team of writers producing multiple articles per week. With this role, we're looking for an experienced Editor to significantly improve the articles so that they are ready for publishing.
We're looking for someone who will improve the clarity, flow, substance, and readability of the articles. The Editor will also be responsible for fact-checking, converting passive voice to active voice, and proofreading.
We're NOT looking for someone to fix only minor spelling and grammar mistakes (we have Grammarly for that). We're looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and dive into the topic. You need to research the topics and make sure the articles satisfy the readers' intent clearly and comprehensively.
The ideal candidate:
- Can edit 1-5 articles per week.
- Has experience editing and/or writing in the Home niche.
- Is a native English speaker or fluent in English (both in writing and speaking).
- Doesn’t take feedback personally (I provide lots of feedback, especially in the beginning)
- Is willing to do much more than just proofreading. You may need to rewrite sentences or restrict paragraphs to improve the flow. You will need to fact-check and give comprehensive feedback to writers.
- Can follow detailed instructions.
- Has an engaging writing/editing style and knows what good content looks like.
How The Process Works
- You apply via this link: https://forms.gle/YfJTqEspuF3MT5k18
- Within the application, I ask you to complete one unpaid editing assignment. I provide a draft of the article and the outline given to the writer before they wrote the article. I will not consider applicants who do not complete the test assignment.
- I will respond to qualified candidates with additional information about the website and processes.
- If we are both interested in moving forward, I will provide you with a paid test assignment with detailed instructions.
- You will send me your edits/feedback to the writer within seven days.
- You send me an invoice via PayPal, and I will pay the invoice within 72 hours.
- If we are both satisfied with the partnership, I will continue to provide new articles to edit every week, depending on your availability.
- The articles will be published on my website under my name, and you will NOT be credited.
- I'm looking for someone who can be a long-term contributor to my website.
- Per-hour rates are based on experience and quality of work.
- Work on exciting topics that we can all relate to
- Flexible work hours and location
- Opportunity to grow into a full-time role
- Learn SEO, affiliate marketing, and display advertising
- Work with a seasoned marketing executive (11+ years at Fortune 100)
- Contribute significantly to a growing website with over 600K unique visitors per month
How to Apply
Fill out this application: https://forms.gle/YfJTqEspuF3MT5k18
I will contact the final candidates via email.
I look forward to working with you!
Founder and Editor