We're looking for an experienced Managing Editor (Executive Editor / Editor-In-Chief / Acquisitions Editor) with a passion for publishing exceptional books and a wide range of experience in editing both fiction and non-fiction.
You must absolutely love editing and managing a team of editors to be a good fit for this position.
If this is not your dream job, please do not apply.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage and train our team of editors
- Manage and improve our acquisitions, editing, and quality control processes
- Edit books for our authors
- Attend at least 1-2 writers’ conferences and industry events per year to network, take pitches, and seek out great writing talent
What you need for this position:
- Great writing and editing skills across a range of fiction and nonfiction genres
- A desire to help create world-class books
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to direct and lead a variety of clients in different markets and genres
- The ability to explain difficult writing, story, and management concepts clearly and thoroughly
- The ability to work with authors and editors with varying personalities and interests
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Strong self-direction and a proven ability to work independently
- A strong sense of curiosity
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in editing manuscripts professionally, including developmental edits, line edits, and ensuring technical/grammatical accuracy
- A solid portfolio of writing samples
- A proven track record of success
- Reliable, consistent access to high-speed internet
- Experience with acquisitions is a plus
- Experience with a large traditional publisher is a plus
This is a full-time, remote position.
You can work from anywhere as long as you have access to high-speed internet and Zoom video chat.