Do you have strong opinions about the Oxford comma? Do you get weirdly impressed by a well-presented style guide? Do you have B2B writing or editing experience? If you answered yes to all three, keep reading.
We are seeking a part-time editor (up to 3) who can take a client brief (provided via form responses) and help writers translate this into polished content that resonates with readers and delights clients.
As a PodReacher editor, you’ll coach writers through the process of taking recorded content (audio and video) and turning it into high-quality written work that conveys the substance of the recording and positions it well for the intended audience.
A lot of the content we work with can get deep “in the weeds” on a given subject. We pride ourselves on creating content that is nuanced and smart. The editor is an integral part of ensuring each and every piece rises to that level. This is not a proofreading role. Yes, you'll need to ensure the copy is clean, but you'll also be responsible for ensuring copy is accurate and adheres to guidelines (client and our own).
Here are a few things that describe the ideal candidate:
- While you might have a writing background, you identify primarily as an editor
- You have at least 3 years of editing experience
- You have experience working on B2B content and you’re not afraid of industry jargon
- You enjoy collaborating with writers and understand the importance of providing detailed feedback
- You are comfortable with fact checking as part of the editing process (since we focus on repurposed content - we need to ensure the accuracy of quotes and other information presented)
- You are resourceful and can execute projects with minimal oversight
Payment & Benefits
Remote – Work from anywhere
Asynchronous - We use Trello, Slack and Loom to enable people to work according to their own schedules
Payment – Editing work is paid per project at $40-$60/project. The pay rate is higher when you work on a new client project because we recognize there’s a learning curve when you’re looking at something for the first time
Cultivate a specialty – With our unique content transformation process, you’ll develop expertise in this specialized form of content creation
Please complete the online application carefully. It does include a short editing test and it is required with submission.
Once we have reviewed your application, we will contact you within 2-3 weeks if we’d like to move forward.