Ben Greenfield Life is a creative, dynamic and entertaining educational experience for people who want teaching, content and media that empowers them to live an adventurous, joyful and fulfilling life. BGL is a portal of discovery for those who, like Ben Greenfield, desire to live life to the fullest; experience deep meaning, purpose, happiness, fulfillment and connection; explore and enjoy every nook and cranny of God’s great creation; get connected to and learn to use the most cutting-edge time and trench-proven strategies to better their lives; and discover how to achieve full optimization of mind, body and spirit, all with boundless energy that equips them to go and conquer every mountain they’ve been called to climb, along with a supportive community of fellow lovers of life who have a deep desire to make maximum impact while loving others fully and savoring every step of the journey with passionate authenticity and energetic curiosity. By discovering and following BGL’s content and teaching, people will be fully educated, equipped and inspired to maximally live their life’s purpose with full vitality.
We passionately empower people to live a bold, purpose-filled and adventurous life infused with health, hope, happiness and love.
The Editor position will play a lead role within our global media team, which is responsible for project managing, scheduling, and the creation and publishing of all written content for Ben Greenfield Life. You will be a results-oriented person with strong interpersonal and project management skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a broader team. You are not afraid of generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions and will collaborate with leadership to implement trusted AI copy solutions that move BGL’s mission forward and increase quality, efficiency and reliability written content.
This role will; write and edit copy (including email), manage contract writers and blog contributors, schedule content and provide editorial guidelines to external contributors, work in collaboration with the broader BGL team, planning, creating and editing written materials for release on the various BGL media channels. Some of the main duties include editing copy and improving on it, educating contract writers on best practices, identifying ways to improve the flow of materials, and advising writers on content pieces. This role is also responsible for managing a content calendar in Asana and coordinating the various resources to deliver high quality content.
Ultimately, this role is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, quality and delivery schedule of BGL’s written materials that support the internal BGL team and serve our audience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in writing and a Bachelor's degree in journalism or English
- Experience managing complex teams of people a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Basic AI prompt engineering experience
- Digital media experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal savvy and communication skills
- Experience with content management systems
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience with content management systems, Google Workspace, Asana, Klaviyo, and WordPress
- Scientific, medical and/or health related writing experience preferred
- Interest in health, fitness, spirituality, and biohacking preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
New Content Creation
Scheduling and Posting
Editing Old Content
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy, quality, and delivery schedule of BGL’s written materials.
- Responsible for the scheduling, creation, and publishing of all written content for Ben Greenfield Life.
- Report weekly on newsletter opens/clicks, blog post time on page, email opens/clicks, post views, and traffic driven back to site.
- Collaborate with the content team and Content Director to schedule content, brainstorm ideas and monitor content performance.
- Maintain a content calendar and edit/proofread written content, ensuring FDA, FTC, and Copyright compliance.
- Manage the scheduling and publishing of all BGL website and email content while ensuring proper use of UTMs and SEO guidelines.
- Update and improve old content systematically based on new information, products, and strategy.
- Coordinate with the Director of Content on creating lead magnets aligned with strategic outcomes from previously released content.
- Collaborate with the Director of Content on implementing and maintaining AI copy writing solutions to improve accuracy, quality and efficiency of written copy.
- Coordinate with contract writers to produce high quality articles.
New Content Creation
- Review all articles for consistent voice and language
- Work closely within the content team and with the Director of Content to schedule content, brainstorm ideas and monitor performance of content.
- Ensure FDA, FTC, and Copyright compliance
- Provide editorial guidelines to blog contributors and manage their production (contract writers included)
- Manage pretty links, affiliate linking edits, replacements & UTMs
- Write and edit written content (including email)
- Maintain a content calendar, together with the BGL content team.
- Write and edit new podcast show notes release
- Collaborate closely with BGL partnerships team on sponsored/dedicated content
- Communicate with podcast guests and coordinate article releases
- Write WKRU (Weekly Round Up) newsletters
- Write short promotional copy for banners and ads
- Compile and edit lead magnets from previously released content
Scheduling and Posting
- Collaboratively maintain schedule of emails, and WKRU newsletters in Asana
- Publish all articles and newsletters
- Ensure all SEO guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure proper use of UTMs
- Manage the scheduling of all BGL website content
Editing Old Content
- Audit and roadmap for old content updates
- Correct legal issues (FDA/FTC/Copyright)
- Update CTAs
- Update SEO
- Update ebooks and lead magnets
- Systematically review and update old content based on new information, products, and strategy
- Upload and format posts in WordPress
- Manage the fixing of reported broken links in posts, emails, WKRUs, etc.
- Report weekly on newsletter opens/clicks
- Report weekly on blog post dwell time on page.
- Report weekly on email opens/clicks, traffic driven back to site
- Scheduling of article releases, email content and upcoming publications
- Full-time exempt salaried position in the range of $65,000-$85,000 DOE
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision coverage available; employer paid STD/LTD/Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
- 401K plan and match available
- Gym/fitness and cell phone stipends; birthday and work anniversary gifts
- Get your ideal work setup: We believe that creating the right environment makes everyone more productive.
- We will reimburse up to $750 for equipment you need to do the best work of your life.
- Educational Incentives: We're all about growth & development and want to make sure you can do that in your role.
- Remote work with the ability to work flexible hours
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Required to attend annual team retreat, huddles, and All-Team meetings unless otherwise approved by supervisor
- Reporting to the Director of Content
- We are remote friendly for all states except CA, IL, NJ, OH, PA, and WA; we are only hiring US residents at this time
All application materials must be received by: 11:59pm PST, Sunday, September 17th, 2023.
Thank you - we look forward to working with you!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives. The salary range listed describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
If you want this to be your future, please apply at bengreenfieldlife.com/editor-application. Please include your resume, a 2-3 minute video introducing us to you (what you bring to the role and what about BGL excites you), this linked writing assignment (bengreenfieldlife.com/editor-assignment), and a letter of interest on why you are the right fit for this role and the BGL team! Please only apply if you fit the requirements and responsibilities listed above. Only candidates who submit all items requested will be considered for this role.